Blake Lively to star in 'Green Lantern'

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Blake Lively to star in 'Green Lantern'

Postby mhansen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:33 pm

"Blake Lively has landed the female lead role in "Green Lantern" as Carol Ferris opposite Ryan Reynolds in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.
Martin Campbell will direct. Production is expected to begin in March with a release date set for June 17, 2011."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... m&nid=2854
mhansen
Chief Counsel

Re: Blake Lively to star in 'Green Lantern'

Postby cdouglas » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 pm

mhansen wrote:"Blake Lively has landed the female lead role in "Green Lantern" as Carol Ferris opposite Ryan Reynolds in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.
Martin Campbell will direct. Production is expected to begin in March with a release date set for June 17, 2011."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... m&nid=2854

Ugh... she doesn't seem right at all for Carol Ferris to me. Oh, well. The final product remains to be seen.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Michael Stailey » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:58 am

I'm with Clark. Carol is a smart, tough, independent business woman succeeding where most men fail. Plus, she pilots her own planes and will ultimately become the supervillain Star Sapphire. Not quite the vibe you get from little miss Gossip Girl.
Michael Stailey
Chief Justice

Postby ramkumar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:05 am

I had a change to watch "Green Lantern". Blake and Ryan Reynolds have done good jobs.
ramkumar
Law Clerk

Return to Movies