Nolan on Supes and Bats

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Nolan on Supes and Bats

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 am

...courtesy of the LA Times.

Interesting read. I especially dug what's intimated in the last paragraph. It almost sounds like Bruce Wayne will hang up the cape and cowl at the end of the next Batman movie. If Nolan's going to do another one, I like the idea of a definite ending so that his flicks exist in their own universe, outside of comic book continuity or anyone else's movies who might come along after him.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Re: Nolan on Supes and Bats

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 am

Amen to that. Nolan's flicks work because Batman exists in a world where superheroes in pop culture or reality don't. I too dig the idea of a definitive end to Nolan's Bat-series.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 am

While everyone on the internets focuses on who'll be the rogues gallery villain of the third flick, Nolan and company are probably putting together a story that, while including a high profile baddie, will be as much about Batman breaking the Gotham mob's back once and for all. That could be really badass.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 pm

"Inception's" Tom Hardy may be joining Nolan's "Batman 3" as an unnamed-yet villian: http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/tom-hardy-reunited-with-inception-helmer-chris-nolan-on-batman/
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Return to Movies