'YOU LIE!!!!' WATCHING Thread

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Re: 'YOU LIE!!!!' WATCHING Thread

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:03 pm

EDGE OF SANITY (1989) on MGM-HD for the first time. Peculiar psychological/erotic/gory flick that feels like a cross between a 70's Jess Franco flick and a 1980's David Bowie music video (neon lights and smoke machines cranked up) that gives a couple of neat twists to the overdone Jekyll & Hyde premise. Anthony Perkins overacts a storm as 'Jack' Hyde (his made-up to look like Iggy Pop!) but that's appropriate give that cocaine is the trigger that causes mild-mannered, sexually-repressed Dr. Jekyll (Perkins looks/acts/sounds like Leonard Nimoy during his Jekyll scenes) to go wild. The best scenes in "Edge of Sanity" have 'Jack' instigating a threesome with some prostitutes (male and female) but, for the most part, director Gérard Kikoïne stages/lights up his sets and actors like a made-for-premium-cable mid-80's movie. Worth seeing for Perkins' repressed portrayal of Jekyll (and tons of nudity for both genders if you're into that).

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE MOVIE (1996) on VHS. Still a neat way to waste an hour and fifteen minutes without having anything to show for it. Recently bought the DVD version for someone I'm trying to indoctrinate into the "MST3K" family, which prompted me to dig the old VHS (and the one below) to relive it. Even watered-down for the mainstream the obscurity of some of the riffs in "The Movie" (especially 15 years removed from its release) along with the observational stuff make this the perfect tool to potentially introduce someone to MiSTie fandom.

MST3K: DIABOLIK (1999/1968) on VHS. The series finale, which I hadn't seen in five or so years, was much better than I remembered; laughed out loud often. Yes, it’s not your typical “MST3K” experiment (the budget for each of the extravagant sets in “Diabolik” could have paid for half-a-dozen of the poverty row movies the show riffed) but that’s maybe what made it appealing as a finale: proof that even with lots of money backing up the production (including music from Morricone and direction by Mario Bava) a bad movie is always riff-worthy regardless of genre or size. The host segments seemed heartfelt ('To Earth') and watching the closing credits after seeing what became of M&TB’s back on Earth brought me to tears. Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic are appropriate substitutes, but when both camps combined their talents back in they day the whole was complete and inimitable. R.I.P. MST3K. :cry:

David Cronenberg's A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (2005) on Blu-ray for the first time. Considering the critical acclaim and recommendations this turned out to be a disappointment, especially since it marked the first collaboration between Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen. A graphic novel adaptation with many good actors stuck playing variations of troubled Douglas Silk character types that have their would turned upside by very simplistic storyline coincidences. Only William Hurt seems to realize that everything in the movie (including his character) is happening in slow-motion and at a reduced speed (dialogue, movement, beats of action, etc.) so he goes buck-wild (to great comedic effect) while the rest of the cast soldier on. There are a couple of great scenes/moments in "History of Violence" (the opening and ending are killer, and that scene between Viggo and Maria Bello on the stairs of their home left my mouth hanging wide open) but this one is going to take a lot of rewatches for me to even think it ranks close to Cronenberg's top work.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:David Cronenberg's A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (2005) on Blu-ray for the first time. Considering the critical acclaim and recommendations this turned out to be a disappointment, especially since it marked the first collaboration between Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen. A graphic novel adaptation with many good actors stuck playing variations of troubled Douglas Silk character types that have their would turned upside by very simplistic storyline coincidences. Only William Hurt seems to realize that everything in the movie (including his character) is happening in slow-motion and at a reduced speed (dialogue, movement, beats of action, etc.) so he goes buck-wild (to great comedic effect) while the rest of the cast soldier on. There are a couple of great scenes/moments in "History of Violence" (the opening and ending are killer, and that scene between Viggo and Maria Bello on the stairs of their home left my mouth hanging wide open) but this one is going to take a lot of rewatches for me to even think it ranks close to Cronenberg's top work.

Completely agree, instead of improving, my affection for it seemed to dwindle after rewatching it twice. This and Eastern Promises kind of disappointed me from Cronenberg, I still think that they are both very entertaining films but not up to his usual standards. Maybe he was trying to do a commercial/artistic compromise like he did with The Fly - but neither of those films work as well as that one. H'es currently shooting a film about the frienship/enmity between Jung and Freud and the birth of psychoanalysis, with Mortensen playin Freud and Michael Fassbender playing Jung - now this I can't wait to see! I've always liked the psychological aspects of Cronenberg's films and put Spider in my top 10 of his work...
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Due to my avatar and quote change I'm sure you can all guess what movie I just watched and how awesome I think it is. I'll just say one thing : ''Death from above''.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Shutter Island (Netflix) -- Interesting movie. One of those thrillers that (1) requires your complete attention and (2) starts off as one type of movie and ends as another. It's best if you go in knowing nothing about it. Beautifully shot and well-acted.

Nine (Netflix) -- I love musicals, including some of composer Maury Yeston's other work, and I am an admirer of Fellini. I also thought Rob Marshall did a bang-up job on Chicago. Despite the star power here, this one was entirely unmemorable.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Bryan Pope » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:Due to my avatar and quote change I'm sure you can all guess what movie I just watched and how awesome I think it is. I'll just say one thing : ''Death from above''.

Love that movie.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Bryan Pope wrote:
Gabriel Girard wrote:Due to my avatar and quote change I'm sure you can all guess what movie I just watched and how awesome I think it is. I'll just say one thing : ''Death from above''.

Love that movie.

This is like the fourth time I watch it and it just keeps being better. This time I made a link with Frank Miller's Martha Washington graphic novels, where he develops the same kind of ideas. Escape From L.A. is everything a sequel should be, it's bigger,funnier and IMHO more enteraining than New York. I still love the first one and it broke the grounds, but L.A is the flower that bloomed on those grounds. Plus it's got a fanboy's dream cast - Buscemi in the Borgnine role, Bruce Campbell as the demented surgeon, Peter Fonda as an aging surfer/hippie (what else?) and Pam Grier as a transexxual man :shock: The only thing missing is indeed the Barbeau twins. Sure the effects are kinda goofy - but I think Carpenter kinda meant it this way, anyways it's probably the best he could do with the budget he had. To me L.A., Memoirs Of an Invisible Man and They Live form an unofficial anti-government trilogy. I can't just shut up lately can I?

I'd forgotten that Russell collaborated on the screenplay and was the producer along Debra Hill. Come on guys, give us a commentary - I'll buy the beer!
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby ccb » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 pm

The Blue Max yet again. Am now used to skipping through the soap opera parts (even though la Andress is revealed) for the shots of the aeroplanes. Show me another non-CGI sequence of two faux-Fokker tripes dancing across the sky.
When I find myself in times of trouble, I say 'boy, you gotta carry that weight.' I am he, you are he, you are me, we are all together, speaking words of wisdom. Come together, right now. Amen.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Postby ccb » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE MOVIE (1996) on VHS. Still a neat way to waste an hour and fifteen minutes without having anything to show for it. Recently bought the DVD version for someone I'm trying to indoctrinate into the "MST3K" family, which prompted me to dig the old VHS (and the one below) to relive it. Even watered-down for the mainstream the obscurity of some of the riffs in "The Movie" (especially 15 years removed from its release) along with the observational stuff make this the perfect tool to potentially introduce someone to MiSTie fandom.
"Remember me now Ruth?" Too funny.
When I find myself in times of trouble, I say 'boy, you gotta carry that weight.' I am he, you are he, you are me, we are all together, speaking words of wisdom. Come together, right now. Amen.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am

Gabriel Girard wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:David Cronenberg's A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (2005) on Blu-ray for the first time. Considering the critical acclaim and recommendations this turned out to be a disappointment, especially since it marked the first collaboration between Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen. A graphic novel adaptation with many good actors stuck playing variations of troubled Douglas Silk character types that have their would turned upside by very simplistic storyline coincidences. Only William Hurt seems to realize that everything in the movie (including his character) is happening in slow-motion and at a reduced speed (dialogue, movement, beats of action, etc.) so he goes buck-wild (to great comedic effect) while the rest of the cast soldier on. There are a couple of great scenes/moments in "History of Violence" (the opening and ending are killer, and that scene between Viggo and Maria Bello on the stairs of their home left my mouth hanging wide open) but this one is going to take a lot of rewatches for me to even think it ranks close to Cronenberg's top work.

Completely agree, instead of improving, my affection for it seemed to dwindle after rewatching it twice. This and Eastern Promises kind of disappointed me from Cronenberg, I still think that they are both very entertaining films but not up to his usual standards. Maybe he was trying to do a commercial/artistic compromise like he did with The Fly - but neither of those films work as well as that one. H'es currently shooting a film about the frienship/enmity between Jung and Freud and the birth of psychoanalysis, with Mortensen playin Freud and Michael Fassbender playing Jung - now this I can't wait to see! I've always liked the psychological aspects of Cronenberg's films and put Spider in my top 10 of his work...

I find that Eastern Promises holds up better than A History of Violence. It's not top-tier Cronenberg but it oozes atmosphere, and the performances feel far more natural.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:35 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:[I find that Eastern Promises holds up better than A History of Violence. It's not top-tier Cronenberg but it oozes atmosphere, and the performances feel far more natural.

I'll give it another whirl,maybe I'll like it more now that I know what to expect - there isn't a Cronenberg film that I dislike - heck I think M.Butterfly is as underrated as they come. I couldn't get into Fast Company, but that's his only film that really doesn't fit with the rest of his work because he's aiming at Corman-like exploitation, maybe one could pair it with Crash though- I'll have to try it again as well ; now that I've seen Death Race 2000 I might get what David was going after...
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:01 am

Gabriel Girard wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:[I find that Eastern Promises holds up better than A History of Violence. It's not top-tier Cronenberg but it oozes atmosphere, and the performances feel far more natural.

I'll give it another whirl,maybe I'll like it more now that I know what to expect - there isn't a Cronenberg film that I dislike - heck I think M.Butterfly is as underrated as they come. I couldn't get into Fast Company, but that's his only film that really doesn't fit with the rest of his work because he's aiming at Corman-like exploitation, maybe one could pair it with Crash though- I'll have to try it again as well ; now that I've seen Death Race 2000 I might get what David was going after...

Fast Company doesn't take a satirical approach like Death Race 2000 (which I watched again last night, incidentally). It's played straight, so the absurdities undermine the film, rather than contributing to the tone of insanity in DR. I don't think DC was really going for anything beyond making a decent B flick that would make a bit of money and let him tool around with some monster vehicles for a few weeks. It does have a nice, weary performance by William Smith, but you're right that it's no classic. Heck, it's not even that good.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Inception....holy shit.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:56 pm

HGervais wrote:Inception....holy shit.

2012 unholy shit...and lots of it.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:48 am

molly1216 wrote:

I typically love me some Roland Emmerich, but i can't even bring myself to watch this. It's the first time that I've decided to skip over one of his flicks entirely. Should i feel bad about that?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:35 am

Steve T Power wrote:
molly1216 wrote:

I typically love me some Roland Emmerich, but i can't even bring myself to watch this. It's the first time that I've decided to skip over one of his flicks entirely. Should i feel bad about that?

Yeah, probably. It's way better than 10,000 BC.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Future Man » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 am

Eyes without a Face
Lives up to the often rabid praise.

Primer
Rewatched it after seeing Inception. I understood it even less than on my first viewing somehow. Too much left unexplained.
Future Man
County Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 am

Watching Better Off Ted during my lunch hour. How the hell did I miss this when it was on TV? Of course, it's since been canceled, dammit.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 am

cdouglas wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:
molly1216 wrote:

Yeah, probably. It's way better than 10,000 BC.

and I really dug that slice of silliness.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Jacques Tati's TRAFIC (1971) on Criterion DVD for the first time. Seeing all four Mr. Hulot movies in chronological order over the past couple of months has been a revelation. The first ("Mr. Hulot's Holiday") is a whimsical and gentle comedy of manners and contrasts. "Mon Oncle" and (particularly) "PlayTime" is Tati poking at modernization fun but also, gently, trying to convince his audience that progress is suffocating the individual and reducing a person's appreciation of the simple things as well as their historically-shared past (Tati denies this in the 'Footsteps of Mr. Hulot' documentary but I think he's lying). It's obvious to me in "PlayTime" Tati is hoping enough people will share his beliefs that together they could change things and steer French society to a less sterile and/or mechanized future. By the time 'Trafic' comes around (three years after Tati went bankrupt) the director has clearly given up any notion that society's modernization can be deterred so Tati cranks up the annoying traffic noise and rock soundtrack. The simple story (getting a new vehicle from Paris to Amsterdam for a huge car show) and typical Hulot gags (the ALTRA vehicle that is everything a contemporary camper is but 1/5th the size) feel less like a movie and more like conduits through which Tati is holding both a mirror and accusatory finger at society. Even the showstopping traffic accident scene, clearly staged for laughs, has a cold and semi-serious detachment pointing out the many ridiculous ways people get into car accidents. Within the gentle soul of Tati and his Mr. Hulot's character "Trafic" stands out as an angry movie, a primal (though subdued) scream of sadness as the France of the director's youth is pretty much swallowed whole by progress. It's no coincidence that the last we see of Mr. Hulot he's lost amongst many other anonymous people in a huge parking lot full of lookalike vehicles in the middle of a torrential rain (tears from heaven?). I like "Trafic" but not as an individual movie as much as the last piece of the puzzle that makes the Hulot movies seem like an evolutionary (from hopeful optimism to sad resignation) series of self-contained comedic masterpieces with something serious to say.

Rewatched Nic Roeg's BAD TIMING (1980) on Criterion DVD along with the bonus features. Like fine wine this flick is much sweeter on repeat taste. Garfunkel's voice and odd manners/look give his Alex Linden character an air of being one and the same. Not true of course, but Roeg's decision to cast him opposite the firecracker wild woman antics of Theresa Russell (along with miscast Keitel and always-reliable Denholm Elliott) along with Nic's editing make the movie. And Holy F, I totally didn't get that [SPOILER]it was Milena at the end of the movie that Alex sees in New York (I thought it was a vision inside Linden's mind when I first saw it)[/spoiler] which adds an underline and exclamation point to the movie's narrative success. A commentary would have been great but the bonus features (including a look at how fine Russell is aging) more than help put the flick in its proper context. My 2nd favorite Roeg movie after "Walkabout."

IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MR. HULOT (1989) on Criterion DVD for the first time. Very dry and simplistic made-for-French-TV chronological documentary (basically lots of movie clips and behind-the-scenes footage strung together of everything Tati ever did with minimal voice-over lines from Tati's daughter Sophie) that is nevertheless fascinating because of its subject matter. Seeing a young Tati performing (in 1930's B&W silent footage) the boxing routines he'd recreate for his last film (1974's "Parade") shows how he never really changed his style yet remained original as his career came full-circle where he started: the music hall. Highlights include a Tati interview with a Dutch reporter when the two of them go skipping barefeet over the palace's royal garden as well as appearances on Italian and American ('Steve Allen') television. I waited until I'd seen all four Mr. Hulot movies before watching this and it was worth the wait (too many spoilerish scenes for those that haven't seen them beforehand) but it's a shame this documentary is in the now-OOP Criterion two-disc release of "Trafic."

MST3K: DEVIL FISH (1998/1984) on VHS. More than any other "MST3K" experiment (even "Manos") "Devil Fish" stands out for how the movie's terrible editing constantly calls attention to itself. Entire sequences (particularly during the first 20 minutes) have scenes fading into/dissolving out of each other without rhyme or reason, prompting M&TB's to giggle often and Tom Servo to utter the immortal quip 'just because you can edit doesn't mean you should' (Amen!). Valentine Monnier ('Blake Edwards' .10') and Michael Sopkiw are great eye-candy as the leads (the former for me and the latter for the ladies! 8)) but John Old Jr. (AKA Lamberto Bava) directs this incompetent-ripoff-of-"Jaws"-screenplay with all the skill of a brain surgeon operating while wearing rollerblades. Roger Corman's upcoming 'Sharktopus' SyFy made-for-TV movie will have to exceptionally s*** for it even to compete with "Devil Fish's" innate worthlessness (with or without the "MST3K" treatment).

HALF-BAKED (1998) on HD-DVD for the first time. I'm not a fan of drug comedies (not being preachy or anything but I can't relate to the material since I never drank or did drugs) and this one had amusing moments here and there. Bob Saget steals the movie with a super-filthy cameo and half-a-dozen recognizable names (Jon Stewart, Willie Nelson, Jerry Garcia, Steven Wright as the uncredited 'guy in the couch,' etc.) drop by for their minute or two of fun. I was surprised that Guillermo Diaz (the Mexican drug dealer on Showtime's "Weeds") stole "Half-Baked" from comedy veterans like Chappelle and Breuer with his ridiculously hilarious role of Scarface. As a whole though this one runs out of steam way before it's 80 minutes are up. The HD-DVD combo began skipping at odd intervals, so much so that I had to flip over to the DVD side to finish the flick. To my disappointment the SD picture looked only marginally worse than the high-def version, meaning the HD-DVD wasn't as big a jump in quality for the five bucks I spent on this combo. Yes, I'm spoiled. :D

THE JACKET (2005) on DVD for the first time. On a friend's recommendation (and plea to keep an open mind) I watched this forgotten mid-Y2K thriller that has more than a passing resemblance to 1990's "Jacob's Ladder." I came away confused but intrigued by the idea that a 'time travel' narrative (alternate reality?) could be taking place inside the mind of an injured Desert Storm veteran's head (Adrien Brody) that's being subjected to experiments by a sadistic doctor (Kris Kristofferson) in charge of the asylum where Jack is being held prisoner circa 1992. The movie's premise (a restraining jacket as a gateway to the future?), editing and multiple past/present/future storylines work against the audience since it's easy to dismiss the 'future' scenes of 2007 (featuring Keira Knightley as the potential key to Brody's character's salvation) as hallucinations inside Jack's drugged-out/tortured head. If you give equal weight to the 'future' '07 scenes as to the present-day '92 scenes "The Jacket" ain't half bad, plus there's enough colorful supporting performances (Jennifer Jason Leigh, Mackenzie Phillips, an almost-unrecognizable Daniel Craig as a mental patient, etc.) to make it worth your while. Will watch again, maybe in a different order (the 'future' scenes first) to see if altering the chronology of "The Jacket" actually improves it.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

The Powerpuff Girls : The Movie - if loving this makes me a girly man, so be it.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 pm

ImageImage
GIRLY.........NOT GIRLY! 8)
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:ImageImage
GIRLY.........NOT GIRLY! 8)

LMAO - lucky for me I got rid of my avatar of Neil Gaiman's Death ;-)
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby ccb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:29 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:MST3K: DIABOLIK (1999/1968) on VHS. ... Yes, it’s not your typical “MST3K” experiment (the budget for each of the extravagant sets in “Diabolik” could have paid for half-a-dozen of the poverty row movies the show riffed)...
Not so, check out the later Danger:Diabolik DVD with the John Phillip Law and Tim Lucas commentary. The lavish sets were mostly matte paintings.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 am

Yeah I know, and the movie only cost $400,000 versus the millions DeLaurentis had budgeted for it because of Bava's filmmaking ingenuity. Still, by the standards of the crap flicks "MST3K" got a hold of the budget of "Diabolik" (as a whole and individual sequences within) dwarfs the combined costs of many riffed flicks that were the grease that kept the "MST3K" wheel turning.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Future Man » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Casque D'or
I'm glad I discovered this title. The scene where the couple lingers at the back of the church at the woman's insistence is the heart of her story for me.
Future Man
County Attorney

Postby the5thghostbuster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 pm

BATMAN 1943 - oh lord, I heard that the film was very much a product of its time, but the racism in the first three chapters is just awful.
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Nightfall from the Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics set - i do like Aldo Ray, this was indeed at the outer reaches of his talent, but he's cuddly enough to keep me interested. one can't go wrong with Stirling Silliphant and Jacques Tourneur. I do wish it was available separately.
Human Desire which after a while i started FFWDing through. The writing was hideous. The characters seemed to do things just because the plot called for it, not because it was the logical course of action. Glenn Ford's character was never fleshed out, Crawford's character never really had any excuses for the things he did, he may as well have been mel gibson. and I never noticed Graham's lisp was so seriously pronounced - her upper lip never moves like she was botoxed or her lip was frozen. perhaps a migrating overbite? I dunno but i hated it.

I rewatched Zombieland and You Kill me and they both made me laugh the 2nd time around.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby cdouglas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:45 pm

molly1216 wrote:Nightfall from the Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics set - i do like Aldo Ray, this was indeed at the outer reaches of his talent, but he's cuddly enough to keep me interested. one can't go wrong with Stirling Silliphant and Jacques Tourneur. I do wish it was available separately.
Human Desire which after a while i started FFWDing through. The writing was hideous. The characters seemed to do things just because the plot called for it, not because it was the logical course of action. Glenn Ford's character was never fleshed out, Crawford's character never really had any excuses for the things he did, he may as well have been mel gibson. and I never noticed Graham's lisp was so seriously pronounced - her upper lip never moves like she was botoxed or her lip was frozen. perhaps a migrating overbite? I dunno but i hated it.

Hmmmm. Human Desire was my favorite film of that particular collection; I felt the performances were quite strong and the Fritz Lang's direction was superb. On the other hand, Nightfall was a little disappointing given the talent involved. A decent movie, but certainly a long way from Out of the Past.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:38 pm

cdouglas wrote:
molly1216 wrote:Nightfall from the Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics set - i do like Aldo Ray, this was indeed at the outer reaches of his talent, but he's cuddly enough to keep me interested. one can't go wrong with Stirling Silliphant and Jacques Tourneur. I do wish it was available separately.

Hmmmm. Human Desire was my favorite film of that particular collection; I felt the performances were quite strong and the Fritz Lang's direction was superb. On the other hand, Nightfall was a little disappointing given the talent involved. A decent movie, but certainly a long way from Out of the Past.

indeed Out of the Past is a benchmark...if Nightfall didn't have Aldo Ray I wouldn't have watched it. But I am partial to Dave Goodis books on film. I thought Human desire LOOKED great and had terrific style..the use of the trains and technology was terrific. But seriously it annoyed me so much, i wish i could unsee it.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Bryan Pope » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 am

Where the Wild Things Are -- Wow, this is a tough one. I doubt this is for most kids. In fact, I think it works best for adults who read Maurice Sendak's deceptively complex book as kids only to be haunted by the story's darker undertones years later. This movie does a fantastic job of expanding on themes that were only hinted at in the book. I'm glad I watched it. My nine-year-old liked it, too.

Oh, and an amendment to my opinion of Nine -- Kate Hudson's big number was a high point. Who would have thought?
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby HGervais » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 am

molly1216 wrote:indeed Out of the Past is a benchmark...if Nightfall didn't have Aldo Ray I wouldn't have watched it. But I am partial to Dave Goodis books on film. I thought Human desire LOOKED great and had terrific style..the use of the trains and technology was terrific. But seriously it annoyed me so much, i wish i could unsee it.

I found Nightfall to be something of a revelation. First off it moves like a house on fire, second it takes the flashback structure and it truly runs with it, third Anne Bancroft, fourth it features two of the best movie bad guys...well almost ever, fifth James Gregory, and finally....well, and this is after watching it a second time, Aldo Ray works in it. For me it is far and away the highlight of Sony's second film noir set and with one movie to go, they have all been at least pretty good.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:53 am

HGervais wrote:
molly1216 wrote:indeed Out of the Past is a benchmark...if Nightfall didn't have Aldo Ray I wouldn't have watched it. But I am partial to Dave Goodis books on film. I thought Human desire LOOKED great and had terrific style..the use of the trains and technology was terrific. But seriously it annoyed me so much, i wish i could unsee it.

I found Nightfall to be something of a revelation. First off it moves like a house on fire, second it takes the flashback structure and it truly runs with it, third Anne Bancroft, fourth it features two of the best movie bad guys...well almost ever, fifth James Gregory, and finally....well, and this is after watching it a second time, Aldo Ray works in it. For me it is far and away the highlight of Sony's second film noir set and with one movie to go, they have all been at least pretty good.

in his salad days Aldo Ray projected a great everyman blonde boy honesty. whether he was a new husband in Marryng Kind (quite underrated) or a marine in Battle Cry or a charming murderer in Were no Angels...you WANT to like him, he's like the guy who fixes your car or pours your beer. He also had a little Van Heflin thing going on. I believed him in Nightfall as a guy in the wrong place a the wrong time - now stuck in a corner and dealing with it himself. Boy didn't Uncle Bill make a scary villain?

7 Dwarfs (2004)- German broad silly satire - it's a pastiche and satire of Gimms Fairy tales, LOTD and a lot of other things dying to be skewered. if you are in a happy mood as i was this is just fluffy sugar. id watch it with Kung Fu Hustle, Princess Bride or The Adventures of Baron Munchausen....exactly half the reviews on IMDB are 5 stars and the other half are one stars hence IMDB gives it a 4.5. go figure. I say screw IMDB...it was completely and unabashedly SILLY to the Nth degree. It's one of those films you have to taste and decide for yourself.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby ccb » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 am

Russian Ark - notice new details each time. This time very aware of people's movements in regard to the camera. Great technical feat.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Postby Polynikes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Jacques Tati's TRAFIC (1971) on Criterion DVD for the first time. Seeing all four Mr. Hulot movies in chronological order over the past couple of months has been a revelation. The first ("Mr. Hulot's Holiday") is a whimsical and gentle comedy of manners and contrasts. "Mon Oncle" and (particularly) "PlayTime" is Tati poking at modernization fun but also, gently, trying to convince his audience that progress is suffocating the individual and reducing a person's appreciation of the simple things as well as their historically-shared past (Tati denies this in the 'Footsteps of Mr. Hulot' documentary but I think he's lying). It's obvious to me in "PlayTime" Tati is hoping enough people will share his beliefs that together they could change things and steer French society to a less sterile and/or mechanized future. By the time 'Trafic' comes around (three years after Tati went bankrupt) the director has clearly given up any notion that society's modernization can be deterred so Tati cranks up the annoying traffic noise and rock soundtrack. The simple story (getting a new vehicle from Paris to Amsterdam for a huge car show) and typical Hulot gags (the ALTRA vehicle that is everything a contemporary camper is but 1/5th the size) feel less like a movie and more like conduits through which Tati is holding both a mirror and accusatory finger at society. Even the showstopping traffic accident scene, clearly staged for laughs, has a cold and semi-serious detachment pointing out the many ridiculous ways people get into car accidents. Within the gentle soul of Tati and his Mr. Hulot's character "Trafic" stands out as an angry movie, a primal (though subdued) scream of sadness as the France of the director's youth is pretty much swallowed whole by progress. It's no coincidence that the last we see of Mr. Hulot he's lost amongst many other anonymous people in a huge parking lot full of lookalike vehicles in the middle of a torrential rain (tears from heaven?). I like "Trafic" but not as an individual movie as much as the last piece of the puzzle that makes the Hulot movies seem like an evolutionary (from hopeful optimism to sad resignation) series of self-contained comedic masterpieces with something serious to say.

J.M Vargas

Very well put, J.M.

M.Hulot's Holiday is a great joy. It is a wonderful example of gentle comedy, and although it is older than I am, it still makes me smile when I see it - sadly, it never seems to be on the TV schedules here in the UK. Sharp comedy with a touch of cruelty can work of course, but Jacques Tati's marvellous creation is a reminder that one does not need to be crude or vindictive in comedy to make people laugh, smile and feel happier about the world.

Like you, I love the mixture of gentleness, manners, whimsy and sadness in Jacques Tati's films. (Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you have not seen M.Hulot's Holiday). Even this primarily comic film makes me a feel a tinge of sadness at the end. A modern rom-com would probably have Hulot and Martine either ending up together or "finding closure" if they did not. I find the understated, almost pedestrian ending to be a more satisfying, worthy and memorable conclusion.
Polynikes
City Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:44 pm

^^^ That bittersweet ending elevated the movie for me (made me sigh). Ironically, of all four Hulot movies, "Trafic" is the closest Mr. Hulot gets to 'getting the girl' when [spoiler]the subway crowds force Hulot to share his umbrella with the PR gal. We see them both together one last time before the parking lot with the cars swallows them. Hulot getting fired for getting to the car show too late is compensated somewhat by the possibility of a new human relationship,[/spoiler] which I'm sure Tati would argue means Hulot comes ahead of everybody else in the movie that only achieved the temporary (and fleeting) success of material/work related issues. A car can be obtained at any time, but a lasting meaningful relationship (which can happen by such random stuff as a subway crowd pushing back) is priceless.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:^^^ That bittersweet ending elevated the movie for me (made me sigh). Ironically, of all four Hulot movies, "Trafic" is the closest Mr. Hulot gets to 'getting the girl' when [spoiler]the subway crowds force Hulot to share his umbrella with the PR gal. We see them both together one last time before the parking lot with the cars swallows them. Hulot getting fired for getting to the car show too late is compensated somewhat by the possibility of a new human relationship,[/spoiler] which I'm sure Tati would argue means Hulot comes ahead of everybody else in the movie that only achieved the temporary (and fleeting) success of material/work related issues. A car can be obtained at any time, but a lasting meaningful relationship (which can happen by such random stuff as a subway crowd pushing back) is priceless.

Thanks for reminding me. I watch Mr Hulot every summer...it's like a post card from a gentler time.
i think i will put Mr Hulot amd Mr Hobbes on the box today.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Bryan Pope » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Watched The Orphanage on Netflix streaming today. Such a perfectly told, beautifully acted ghost story. It has only a couple of jolting moments in it -- and one of them is especially well done. The rest is mood and suspense. The ending is perfect -- happy, tragic and completely satisfying.

Timecrimes -- I requested this through Netflix because I'd read it was similar in design to Triangle, a film that came afterward and which I loved. Having seen both, I think Triangle is the stronger film. It generates more suspense and has a structure that is just as tightly wound up, but yet is easier to follow.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Yasujiro Ozu's WHAT DID THE LADY FORGET? (1937) at the IFC Center's Ozu Retrospective for the first time. Amusingly sly screwball comedy in which Michiko Kuwano's Setsuko steals the movie as a modern girl (she smokes! :o ;-)) bonding over booze and sake with her hen-pecked uncle (Tatsuo Saito) while trying to get him to pull patriarchal rank over his bossy wife (Sumiko Kurishima). Like the regular actors Ozu kept bringing back to his post-WWII movies (Ryu, Hara, Sugimura, etc.) this earlier group of pre-WWII regulars in "WDTLF?" have their own chemistry, and half the amusement is watching how they interact with each other. Tatsuo Saito's facial expressions are goofy-ass hilarious and Kuwano (who at one point is seen reading a magazine with a picture of Marlene Dietrich) seems to have stepped out a Rosalind Russell movie. When Setsuko and uncle Komiya return home dressed in trench coats and hats from a night of drinking you can sense Ozu's admiration of American movies/characters at its most cinematically naked. At a brisk 71 min. "WDTLF?" is fun (despite a badly-beaten print that looks/sounds awful) and, in a scene of domestic abuse that literally had the entire theater gasping (along with many others where the camera moves like mad), has given me the clearest taste yet of what Ozu was doing before he found his pared-down trademark style.

Alfred Hitchcock's NORTH BY NORTHWEST (1959) on Blu-ray for the first time. Saw this over the weekend and my God, why didn't I see this sooner? This isn't a spy movie or a road movie or a romance movie or a dark comedy... it's all those things plus Hollywood magic performing at peak levels. Cary Grant exudes enough movie star charm in this movie alone to power the sun; I was literally howling with both delight and fear as Grant managed to make drunk driving look both hilarious and terrifying. Eva Marie Saint is a step down from Grace Kelly (she and Grant were great together in "To Catch a Thief") but, as the movie unfolded, I learned to live with EMS and actually kind-of liked her character toward the end. That dialogue scene in the train's diner car blew me away (I didn't know you could say those things in 1959!) and James Mason (with a thin young Martin Landau as his right-hand henchman) makes a virtue of his handful of scenes by stealing them. Screw critical thinking, this is Alfred Hitchcock's greatest hits (mistaken identity innocent man, icy blonde with something to hide, hilarious on-screen Hitch cameo, purposeless McGuffin, exciting set-pieces with sky-high production values, etc.) all wrapped into one pretty package of color-soaked VistaVision goodness that simply shines on Blu-ray. The opening titles alone (thank you Saul Bass and Bernard Herrmann!) gave me goosebumps. It was a pricey $35 but worth every penny because "North By Northwest" easily rockets to the top of my Hitchcock list of watched films, which is sadly still short more than half of Hitch's work. :(

Rewatched Jean-Luc Godard's VIVRE SA VIE (1962) on Blu-ray with the Adrian Martin commentary track on. A good time was had by all (of me). ;-)

Michelangelo Antonioni's RED DESERT (1964) on Blu-ray for the first time. Like the Antonioni films I've seen before ("Blow Up," "The Passenger," etc.) this one needs to be rewatched because on first viewing it has left me as bewildered and confused as Roeg's "The Man Who Fell To Earth" (which "Red Desert" resembles in parts). I totally didn't see the neurosis of Monica Vitti's Giuliana being the centerpiece of the movie. I knew Vitti was in the movie but didn't expect her character's mind (or the back of it that Antonioni keeps going back to in shot after shot) and the way she reacts to her surroundings to be front and center throughout. Richard Harris (who looks/sounds like Devon from "Knight Rider" in his dubbed Italian voice) is pretty bland and nonchalant but, within Antonioni's cast of bland human characters, he and Vitti stand out. Picture on Blu-ray isn't the sharpest or cleanest transfer (tons of grainy and undetailed shots) but, as an artistic visual expression of man's ability (or inability in the case of Giuliana) to cope with his man-made ecological disaster, Antonioni's cinematography and production design (the street/fruit cart painted in grey blew my little mind!) really stand out in high-def. To be continued...

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: GAMERA VS. BARUGON (1988/1966) on DVD for the first time. My first KTMA episode ever (the earliest available through fan recordings) and, in its own low-key way, I actually enjoyed it. The phone messages from early fans were awesome. The show's structure remarkably didn’t change that much when it went national (phone messages vs. still store letters, etc). It looks/feels primitive and light on actual riffs (entire minutes go by without a joke), yet "MST3K" KTMA is better produced than 99% of local TV shows back in the late 80's (the theme song alone is boss!). Like certain moments during live Cinematic Titanic shows part of the fun of watching KTMA "MST3K" is coming up with your own jokes at the baffling stupidity of the movie. At least 'GvB' is light on screaming kids and packed with scenes of men-in-rubber-suits beatdowns; bring your own gravy to compensate for Joel & the bots' mellowness and you're golden.

MST3K: THE HELLCATS (1990/1967) on VHS. I can say now that I've survived Ross Hagen ("The Sidehackers") and Anthony Cardoza (those horrid Francis Coleman movies!) through several viewings of "Hellcats," yet as soon as the tape ends I forget the movie I just saw ever existed and most jokes associated with this sorry excuse of an experiment. Something about a cop's murdered brother and his widow infiltrating a gang of bikers to get to a Mr. Big type drug boss and to get revenge (of course)... I think!?! The only thing I remember clearly about "Hellcats" was The Brains not caring enough about this one to bother coming up with original host segments, trotting out instead the reliable 'flashback' chestnut to kill time. Easily among the most boring and deadly-dull "MST3K" experiments ever done, and I've seen "Hamlet"! :shock:

MST3K: THE DEADLY BEES (1998/1967) on VHS. Mike and the bots give this one the good old college try ('this movie has everything... all wrong!') but some bad flicks are just immune to the "MST3K" formula. Fans of British horror cinema (particularly the trashier, sillier side of Hammer) will get a kick out of some faces (Frank Finlay as Hargrove), a handful of obscure references, the house-within-a-studio-set main locale and UK-accented riffs meant to go over most people's heads. The flick itself is deadly indeed, but deadly dull and almost impervious to the riffs and comedy assault from the Brains. The song between Observer, Pearl and Bobo trying to talk the former into staying on Castle Forrester ('if you stay, I'll fold your sheet') stands tall amongst the sea of emptiness that "The Deadly Bees" unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby mavrach » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Dove into my new Criterions:

The Blob (1958) - For what it's worth it was good, but I had some issues that honestly weren't the movie's fault, just my modern sensibilities. It was difficult to beleive that the leads were teenagers with their smile wrinkles and all, which is a stark contrast to today's movies, where they seem to only want young actors even for older roles. And the kid brother seemed like a 7-year old playing a 3-year old with his W's instead of R's speaking, and firing a cowboy toy pistol at the blob in the end. I guess it's tough for somebody like me who grew up on [b[Hellraiser[/b] and Elm Street to get too suspenced with something older. But that's my experiences and not the fault of this movie. The storyline and buildup was top, and as I understand the first movie where a town's youth rallied to warn the adults about an impending danger that they wouldn't beleive.

Short Cuts - Different that what I expected, but damned amazing. For some reason, I had the impression that this was a collection of short movies that each focused on a different set of characters. But I was happy to see that it was about an ensemble of people, only a few degrees away from one another, whose actions affect each other as the movie goes on. This has been done a few times since, but never this good. This was my second Altman movie, the first being The Player (and that deserves another viewing). I found it interesting to see so many "hip" actors of the time here (Lily Taylor, Andie MacDowell, Madeline Stowe, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and a pre-superstar Robert Downey Jr.), quite a slice of life of 1993.

The Seventh Seal - I was completely blown away, but at the same time I think I need to see it a few more times to really analyze it. This is a major compliment coming from me, multiple viewings of a film are few and far apart; If I really love a movie I'll watch it annually, so the fact that I might watch it again this week is a big one. The movie was just so daring in questioning religion that I can't beleive it was made so long ago. This was my first Bergman movie, so it feels like I'm stepping into a larger world by diving into his filmography.
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

mavrach wrote:The Seventh Seal - I was completely blown away, but at the same time I think I need to see it a few more times to really analyze it. This is a major compliment coming from me, multiple viewings of a film are few and far apart; If I really love a movie I'll watch it annually, so the fact that I might watch it again this week is a big one. The movie was just so daring in questioning religion that I can't beleive it was made so long ago. This was my first Bergman movie, so it feels like I'm stepping into a larger world by diving into his filmography.

Crack cocaine (i.e. Bergman's filmography), meet your new soon-to-be-hopeless addict, mavrach. ;-) Watch "Seventh Seal" again ASAP (it grows better and funnier... yes, funnier, on repeat viewing) and then, while the B&N sale is still going, go get a couple of extra Bergman's on the cheap. There's so much good stuff to choose from ("Wild Strawberries," "Virgin Springs," "Cries and Whispers," "Fanny and Alexander TV Version," the Box Sets, etc.) you're bound to pick another masterpiece by sheer mathematical elimination process. Even non-Criterion Bergmans ("Persona," etc.) are worth tracking so yes, basically you've opened your own personal cinematic Pandora's box by watching "Seventh Seal."
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Tried watching Derek Jarman's Jubilee but shut it off after 10 mins - this is too weird, even for me.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 pm

^^^
I take it back... GIRLY MAN!!! :D
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

^^^ LOL. I'm a fan of Argento,Gilliam,Cronenberg, Ken Russell and I love The Ruling Class - I should be able to stomach weird. I was into the flick until it shifted to a scene of a ballerina dancing in ruins with a completely naked man wearing a bull's mask watching - not only weird but it stops the movie dead.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby mavrach » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:
mavrach wrote:The Seventh Seal - I was completely blown away, but at the same time I think I need to see it a few more times to really analyze it. This is a major compliment coming from me, multiple viewings of a film are few and far apart; If I really love a movie I'll watch it annually, so the fact that I might watch it again this week is a big one. The movie was just so daring in questioning religion that I can't beleive it was made so long ago. This was my first Bergman movie, so it feels like I'm stepping into a larger world by diving into his filmography.

Crack cocaine (i.e. Bergman's filmography), meet your new soon-to-be-hopeless addict, mavrach. ;-) Watch "Seventh Seal" again ASAP (it grows better and funnier... yes, funnier, on repeat viewing) and then, while the B&N sale is still going, go get a couple of extra Bergman's on the cheap. There's so much good stuff to choose from ("Wild Strawberries," "Virgin Springs," "Cries and Whispers," "Fanny and Alexander TV Version," the Box Sets, etc.) you're bound to pick another masterpiece by sheer mathematical elimination process. Even non-Criterion Bergmans ("Persona," etc.) are worth tracking so yes, basically you've opened your own personal cinematic Pandora's box by watching "Seventh Seal."

I'm taking some of your recommendations, just got back from Barnes & Noble again. Much appreciated!
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby HGervais » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Fanny and Alexander is a must but you should also look at Smiles of a Summer Night. It's slight and the closest Bergman ever got to making a comedy but I find it warm & charming.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:47 pm

HGervais wrote:Smiles of a Summer Night. It's slight and the closest Bergman ever got to making a comedy but I find it warm & charming.

It's only slight if you consider exceptionally keen observations of human behavior slight. And it's not close to a comedy. It is a comedy.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

The complete Metropolis - Wunderbar! Seeing this with a live orchestra makes it even better ! The orchestra's performance as well as the new score were flawless. Too bad some people laughed in inappropriate places. If this plays anywhere near you- go see it. I was still under shock while I waited for the metro...

BTW - the recovered portions were easily identifiable as the scratches and lines haven't been cleaned up, the rest of the picture looks pristine though.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am

Pushover (1954) which is an odd film, it sways back and forth between low rent versions of rear window and double indemnity if you CAN believe that Kim Novak in a mink coat would voluntarily let herself get picked up by off the rack and rumpled Fred MacMurray, then you can swallow the rest of the film. I was totally drawn into the small subplot where cop philip carey supposed to be spying on Novak's apartment, kept rear windowing the happy little nurse next door - you KNOW they ended up together after the film.

Rare Birds (2001) a Newfie film which I wanted to like..actually i WANTED to adore it, but there was something OFF about it. I ordered a copy of the book to find out what went wrong. Gourmet Chef Wm Hurt's restaurant on a cliff in the middle of nowhere is going bust (gee wonder why?) So his buddy with a homemade submarine and a few kilos of coke decides to make up a story about a rare bird sighting to bring in the Winnebago crowd. Then there is some rubbish about these secret technology non-electric lights and a black ops team that just lost me. The book is supposed to be fall down funny. We'll see.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 am

molly1216 wrote:
Rare Birds (2001) a Newfie film which I wanted to like..actually i WANTED to adore it, but there was something OFF about it. I ordered a copy of the book to find out what went wrong. Gourmet Chef Wm Hurt's restaurant on a cliff in the middle of nowhere is going bust (gee wonder why?) So his buddy with a homemade submarine and a few kilos of coke decides to make up a story about a rare bird sighting to bring in the Winnebago crowd. Then there is some rubbish about these secret technology non-electric lights and a black ops team that just lost me. The book is supposed to be fall down funny. We'll see.

The elements were there, but the direction just felt so flat and lifeless. It felt like a made for TV film. I hear the locals liked William Hurt though. Then again, we like pretty much everybody...
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Steve T Power wrote:
molly1216 wrote:

The elements were there, but the direction just felt so flat and lifeless. It felt like a made for TV film. I hear the locals liked William Hurt though. Then again, we like pretty much everybody...

they had me RIGHT up until the cocaine stash and the personal submarine..that's when they lost me.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

PreviousNext

Return to Movies