Eric Stoltz Back to the Future footage

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Eric Stoltz Back to the Future footage

Postby Udvarnoky » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:23 pm

After 25 years of clamoring, the world gets a first glimpse at the discarded performance of Stoltz as Marty McFly. Never thought I'd see the day.
Holland-where is the baby?
Udvarnoky
Paralegal

Re: Eric Stoltz Back to the Future footage

Postby stypee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 am

All of the footage I've seen contains no dialouge which is good for Stoltz, if of course the reasons that were given were true on his firing. I also have to think that they paid Stoltz allot of money because either way, it's an odd career move. (*Career move meaning they had to have had to ask Stoltz permission to release the footage)
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:10 am

stypee wrote:...they had to have had to ask Stoltz permission to release the footage

Why? (Granted, that would have been the courteous thing to do, but I don't see why they had to.)
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Bob Gale is the only reason the footage has never been released and why so little was finally released. He felt bad about Stoltz being fired and didn't want him to suffer any shame from any of his cut footage being seen, as it would instantly be compared against Michael J. Fox's performance.

Also, from what I've heard from those who have already seen the Blu-Rays, that 1:15 segment on Stoltz is all the footage of him you get to see.
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Return to Movies