R.I.P. Jill Clayburgh (1944-2010)

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

R.I.P. Jill Clayburgh (1944-2010)

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:25 am

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/r-i-p-jill-clayburgh/. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quietly sexy, Clayburgh was all about the work and rarely about the stardom. She also was that rare actress who could switch between drama and comedy with seeming ease. "Clayburgh, alongside peers such as Anne Bancroft, Shirley MacLaine and Jane Fonda, helped to usher in a new era for actresses in Hollywood by playing women who were confident and capable yet not completely flawless," the AP said tonight. Her specialty was playing modern women struggling with personal and emotional scars, which is why both An Unmarried Woman and Starting Over earned her Oscar nominations. A product of a privileged New York family whose mother worked for Broadway producer David Merrick, Clayburgh began her acting career on the stage. Besides appearing on Broadway in The Rothschilds and Pippin and A Naked Girl On The Appian Way, she co-starred in movies as diverse as Portnoy's Complaint, Semi-Tough, I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can, Silver Streak, La Luna, Rich In Love, and Running With Scissors. In later years, she did more TV, most recently on Ally McBeal and Nip/Tuck and Dirty Sexy Money and Law & Order, and was nominated for two Emmys.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: R.I.P. Jill Clayburgh (1944-2010)

Postby cdouglas » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 am

Sad to hear. She was great on Dirty Sexy Money; one of the more underrated shows of recent years.
cdouglas
Judge

Return to Movies