things we wish for

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

things we wish for

Postby molly1216 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:38 am

i wish Jason Schwartzman would get that damn mole removed,it's distracting.
I wish Jimmy Smits would just admit his hair is thinning and CUT That Mullet wannabe.
I wish women like Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore and the rest of Hollywood matrons, would stop getting these stupid facelifts, they all look like Mexican Day of the Dead sculptures...didn't they see Brazil?
I wish Tom Selleck would stop dying his hair, he looks ridiculous...grey can be sexy - look at Clooney
I wish all american tv show seasons were only 13 episodes, not just the good cable ones.
I wish the torture themed horror movie fad would end very soon, we are all a little to used to it.
I wish Buffy could just stay dead.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: things we wish for

Postby Mach6 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I wish Denzel Washington would stop making movies with Tony Scott. I bet Washington & Scott are very good friends but after Pelham 1-2-3 & Unstoppable, I’ve had enough of this combination. Scott is getting worse with each film & has turned into a Michael Bay type hack without the racial stereotypes. Denzel is really wasting his talent in these 2nd rate action “blockbusters”.

I wish Steven Spielberg would stop directing movies & just stick to producing more awesome TV mini-series like The Pacific.

I wish somebody would make a real X-Men movie where Rogue isn’t a weak, bland, & boring loser & Cyclops isn’t a jealous a$$hole. The three Bryan Singer & Brett Ratner efforts should be renamed Wolverine & Friends.

I wish Sly Stallone will still be directing more 80’s style over-the-top, no nuance, ultra violent, & hardcore R-rated action flicks. (I need another Rambo or Expendables sequel right now DAMN IT!)

I wish Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Clancy Brown, & Robert Davi will get to star in The Expendables 2.

I wish the alien invasion themed movie fad will end very soon. (It's just overkill with Skyline, Cowboys & Aliens, Battle For LA, Transformers 3, etc. all coming out within one year.)

I wish the next Transformers flick completely bombs at the box office. (I think I'm wishing for too much on that one.)
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:04 pm

I wish the 3D craze would go away.
I wish other studios would magically acquire Pixar's knack for creating family films that are fun AND intelligent.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

I wish Hollywood would start making movies without regard to how they'll play to 15-year-olds -- like they used to back in the '70s.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Lawrence of Arabia on Blu-ray within my lifetime!
Basic Cable stations I used to enjoy going back to the way they used to be. Examples: The History Channel now does reality shows such as Ice Road Truckers and such. Bring back "The Hitler Channel!" TV Land used to be B&W with nary a color series in sight. Now they do movies, reality shows, and recent tv fare such as Everybody Loves Raymond. Bring back Burns and Allen, The Dick Van Dyke Show, etc.!
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:01 am

I wish Ridley Scott would dump this Alien prequel nonsense that just gets worse and worse as it progresses, and give us a kick ass adaptation of The Forever War. Fire up those "world creation" muscles, hire an army of production designers and artists, and give us another Blade Runner, just to prove to the naysayers that you can!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 am

Steve T Power wrote:I wish Ridley Scott would dump this Alien prequel nonsense that just gets worse and worse as it progresses, and give us a kick ass adaptation of The Forever War. Fire up those "world creation" muscles, hire an army of production designers and artists, and give us another Blade Runner, just to prove to the naysayers that you can!

Rise and rise again, Ridley, until Black Rains become Blade Runners.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

I wish that Tim Burton would stop ''burtoning'' old films and do something original once again.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:I wish that Tim Burton would stop ''burtoning'' old films and do something original once again.

Indeed. I've been a big Burton fan for a long time (I actually loved both Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride, so even some of his rather recent stuff) , but Alice in Wonderland was so uninspired that it left me wondering whether Burton had any good films left in him. I'm sure that's an entirely unreasonable reaction, but the film certainly made me feel that way.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:32 pm

cdouglas wrote:
Gabriel Girard wrote:I wish that Tim Burton would stop ''burtoning'' old films and do something original once again.

Indeed. I've been a big Burton fan for a long time (I actually loved both Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride, so even some of his rather recent stuff) , but Alice in Wonderland was so uninspired that it left me wondering whether Burton had any good films left in him. I'm sure that's an entirely unreasonable reaction, but the film certainly made me feel that way.

Well Sweeney Todd is the exception as far as his adpatations go and Corpse Bride is the only original idea he's put to screen since 2003 with Big Fish. Alice wasn't Planet Of The Apes bad but it was still a failure. I think he's filming a new version ofhis own Frankenweenie right now -that might be interesting. The original short was pretty cool. But his next project - according to imdb- will be a new version of Dark Shadows - material more suited to Burton than Alice was but still a ''reimagining'' ....Also the fact that he always casts Johnny Depp and Bonham Carter is getting annoying.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm

I wish Woody Allen would make 2 or 3 more movies that actually make me laugh. The last comedy of his that worked for me was The Mighty Aphrodite and the last great movie he made was Deconstructing Harry...and that was made in 1997. Pretty much everything since then has been either hit & miss, dull, pointless or a combination of dull & pointless. Perhaps I'm asking for too much considering just how many great movies the man has made but I miss the days when a Woody Allen movie meant something.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:44 pm

HGervais wrote:I wish Woody Allen would make 2 or 3 more movies that actually make me laugh. The last comedy of his that worked for me was The Mighty Aphrodite and the last great movie he made was Deconstructing Harry...and that was made in 1997. Pretty much everything since then has been either hit & miss, dull, pointless or a combination of dull & pointless. Perhaps I'm asking for too much considering just how many great movies the man has made but I miss the days when a Woody Allen movie meant something.

Seconded.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Return to Movies