Leslie Neilsen, RIP

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Leslie Neilsen, RIP

Postby Jim_Thomas » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Jim_Thomas
Judge

Re: Leslie Neilsen, RIP

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Frank Drebbin can't die! :(
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby the5thghostbuster » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm

May he RIP and God be with his family. The following dialogue exchange is one of my all time favorites:

Mayor: Oh, and Drebin? I don't want any trouble like you had last year on the south side. Understand? That's my policy.

Frank:Yes, well when I see five weirdo's dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy.

Mayor: That was a Shakespeare in the park production of "Julius Caesar" you moron! You killed five actors. Good ones!
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby tucco » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:40 pm

There's a guy who'll be missed. RIP
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Postby jcankerhuxley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:54 pm

I had the fortune of meeting him in 1987 as a part of a "anked Gun" junket. An extremely nice guy who loved comedies and was a huge fan of (no suprise) Buster Keaton. One of the cool things he said about why he loved working with the Zucker Abrams Zucker Proft team (ZAZ-Proft) is that the jokes were heavily scripted and they never believed in saving gags for outtake reels. If you did something funny in the film, the ZAZ Proft team would bend over backwards to incorporate it into the film.
[B]uying DVD's is cheaper then spending my money on booze, drugs & hookers -- Harold Gervais
jcankerhuxley
City Attorney

Return to Movies