Source Code Trailer

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Source Code Trailer

Postby HGervais » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 pm

And here is the trailer to Duncan Jones' follow-up to Moon, Source Code. I'm really kind of wondering if Jones is the new David Twohy.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Re: Source Code Trailer

Postby cdouglas » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:41 pm

HGervais wrote:And here is the trailer to Duncan Jones' follow-up to Moon, Source Code. I'm really kind of wondering if Jones is the new David Twohy.

Maybe, except Twohy never made a film as good as Moon.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby HGervais » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 am

I don't know...I think genre films of the past 15 years or so and Pitch Black & Below are almost always towards the top of the list. Still, I'm glad to see you know where I was going with the statement.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

BRING IT ON!

Moon was such a damn jewel of a flick i'll give Jones the benefit of the doubt on just about anything. Doesn't hurt that this actually looks pretty damned awesome.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Boba Fett » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I love the Riddick movies, but David Twohy also made "The Arrival" and wrote "Waterworld." I wouldn't unfairly compare Duncan Jones to him yet.
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 pm

I don't know...I think The Arrival is as good a piece of "B" movie sci-fi as we have seen the past 20 or so years. And you are going to blame the writer on a production as troubled as Waterworld? Really?
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dimwitted » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm unsure. That CGI looks terrible and if the teaser is close we're going to see a lot of it. OTOH, an appealing cast and interesting idea, though inconsistant if, at the beginning, he doesn't remember why he goes back, why he'd do so the other 8 times. But this IS the teaser. Hopefully the movie is better explained. After Moon he's earned the benefit of the doubt.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Return to Movies