Tron: Legacy - anyone? anyone?

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Tron: Legacy - anyone? anyone?

Postby Kevin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Bueller? Bueller?

I have not seen the movie, but I do own the Daft Punk soundtrack (which is surprisingly and ridiculously entertaining). I also heard that the music was the best part of the movie.
Kevin
City Attorney

Re: Tron: Legacy - anyone? anyone?

Postby azul017 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 pm

The soundtrack is wonderful, and cues well with the visuals. The script isn't perfect, but the visuals and score are perfect. It's worth seeing in 3D (as it was shot with the same Pace/Cameron Fusion camera).
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:56 pm

It's just fun, escapist sci-fi fare. Gorgeous visuals and an awesomely clichéd sci-fi plot - I wouldn't have it any other way.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby stypee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 pm

I haven't seen it yet, really want to but doubt its still playing in this stinky ass town.. Is it true that only a portion of the film is in 3D?
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby azul017 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 pm

No. The entire film was shot (and shown) in 3D.
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 am

Steve T Power wrote:It's just fun, escapist sci-fi fare. Gorgeous visuals and an awesomely clichéd sci-fi plot - I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bingo. You'd think by the critical reaction to Tron: Legacy that the original Tron was a work of staggering cinematic genius. Uh, no. It was a thin (albeit archetypal) story with not very engaging characters existing in a world that's really weird and beautiful and action-packed. Ditto Tron: Legacy. It was a solid afternoon of fun for me and my kid.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 am

azul017 wrote:No. The entire film was shot (and shown) in 3D.

Actually there are some scenes (at the beginning and end of the film, specifically) which are shown in 2D. These are the scenes taking place in the "real world." However, everything taking place in the digital world is shown in 3D. Even so, the audience is asked to keep their glasses on the entire time.
cdouglas
Judge

Return to Movies