lost US art of cover art

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

lost US art of cover art

Postby molly1216 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

it maybe a crap movie, but which one do you think i want to buy?

this is the official Universal Vault cover

and this is the French R2 DVD release
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: lost US art of cover art

Postby mkiker2089 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

I can't see the second image. It gives me a server error. If it's the same cover as http://www.amazon.fr/Cobra-woman-Jon-Ha ... 021&sr=8-1 then I know for sure I like the French cover better.

Too many movie posters follow the same guideline of getting as many faces in a row as possible. I went by the theatre today and saw that Tower Heist, New Years, and the twilight movie all were just faces standing there. One of the worst in my opinion however was the mock up that Serenity got. They wanted to show the people and the ship so they had them all walking away from it. Then suddenly they wanted some action so they made River do a weird figure skating type move.

edit--

After more research Serenity had many covers. The newish BR edition is pretty cool. the HD DVD is the sucky one.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Movies