Michael Cera?

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Michael Cera?

Postby stypee » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm

I've noticed a lot of Michael Cera videos on youtube with him flipping out on cast and crew from a few films he's done. There's also a red carpet clip with him and the female lead from "scott pilgrim" where she says some nasty stuff about him and than he tries to annoy her during the interview.

Is this like a big Hollywood youtube "in joke", are they putting us on or is he really that much of an asshole?
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: Michael Cera?

Postby Attrage » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I'd say it's more likely a bit of the old "Christian Bale rants at cinematographer" thing - ie it happens/happened but was taken out of context and YouTube/internet is now blowing it way out of proportion.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby mavrach » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am

Maybe he's trying not to be typecast as much. He's finally showing some range!
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:25 pm

I think there's a lot more of this that goes on than people realize, and it's all just a part of shooting big pictures with "big" stars. It's just a part of the biz. Sometimes it's a director, like David O. Russell, Alfred Hitchcock or Sam Peckinpah (Who's been described as the Phil Spector of moviemaking), and other times it's an actor. I've heard pretty crazy stories about guys like DeNiro and Hoffman, and action guys like Seagal, Stallone and Snipes, and the on set exploits of some of Hollywood's "royalty", guys like Richard Burton, Robert Shaw, Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin (in his early days), and (of course) Marlon Brando are legendary.

I'd wager that very rare, indeed is the film set that exists without some degree of strife, and rarer still are the actor's who are in fact consummate professionals who leave ego at the door.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Movies