mean girls

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

mean girls

Postby molly1216 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 pm

can anyone tell me why MEAN GIRLS is the most recommend..most popular movie on Amazon? followed by Bob the builder and other babysit your child videos....?
are people letting their toddlers watch mean girls?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: mean girls

Postby stypee » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:57 am

Simple really, Mean Girls is probably Lohan's best work. Since we've been so oversaturated with Lohan for the past year it's liable to reach a point where her films will peek an interest. Mean Girls would probably draw the widest of audiences for a myriad of reasons. You count whatever little senses of spyware or what have you from Amazon following around your browsing habits and her intense popularity - thus, you have Mean Girls. I'm not suggesting your feeding the Lohan belly. It could also be Netlfix's idiotic "taste preferences" which must have some how tossed that into the mix.

As for Bob the Bulder - unless Bill Nye the science guy (who is now a popular item again) had something to do with it, I have no idea.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 am

OR

It's back to school time and the teens want a few good ideas on how to be even nastier little pricks then they were last year and the children need amusement when their parents bring them home from pre-school.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:56 pm

I think Amazon just picks things at random to advertise. Netflix has an excellent system that knows what I want to watch before I do. Amazon on the other hand just finds things. It's criteria (when it uses any) is less stable as well. Mean Girls may have high ratings among those who rated it, but the vast majority who refuse to see it much less bother to fill out rating info on it aren't accounted for.

It's kind of stupid with other products as well. I bought a printer so now it shows me other printers. I already have one, why show me more? Too late now so move on.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Movies