Movies you thought you'd seen...but haven't

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

Movies you thought you'd seen...but haven't

Postby Attrage » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:52 am

Ben Hur - All I remembered of this movie from (sort of) seeing it as a kid, was that it was incredibly long. In fact, I recall (sort of) seeing it when I was maybe, 10, and falling asleep several times, only to wake up not entirely sure if I was watching the same movie or not. I always thought I'd seen it in it's entirety, but it's on TV as I write this, and I just realised I've never actually watched it from beginning to end. But I was right: it is incredibly long.

Any movies like this for you?
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Re: Movies you thought you'd seen...but haven't

Postby mavrach » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 am

Not specifically, but I feel like I need to rewatch everything I saw only as a kid. This is both because I might not remember the movie, and also when I was a kid I just wanted to see stuff blow up and was bored by little things such as plot and pacing.

I give these movies "the adulthood test." Some pass, some fail. There's stuff like Pulp Fiction and Blade Runner which I found dull as a kid. Then there's stuff that I rewatched to death and can't stomach now, like most of Van Damme's & Segal's work. I was disappointed to rewatch No Escape and I couldn't make it 15 minutes in, I used to love that one.
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Re: Movies you thought you'd seen...but haven't

Postby stypee » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't remember.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to Movies