Studio 60

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Studio 60

Postby Chris_Sax » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Not only is Matt recovering from drug addiction, but his estranged true love is the lead woman in the cast

FAIL
pointing out that the simple generalities being forwarded by those who usually are accusing the same thing of some other group was merely that, a point made
-IChiWawa
Chris_Sax
City Attorney

Re: Studio 60

Postby Chris_Sax » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:10 pm

you're welcome.
pointing out that the simple generalities being forwarded by those who usually are accusing the same thing of some other group was merely that, a point made
-IChiWawa
Chris_Sax
City Attorney

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:27 pm

I've heard two schools of thought on why this show failed; one is that the creative team didn't really know how a comedy series is really made, and the other is that they thought they were still doing "The West Wing". I'm not sure which one, or either one, I'd go with. Any other opinions?
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Postby Belmondo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Kenneth Morgan wrote:I've heard two schools of thought on why this show failed; one is that the creative team didn't really know how a comedy series is really made, and the other is that they thought they were still doing "The West Wing". I'm not sure which one, or either one, I'd go with. Any other opinions?

It's a good question, and it really bothers me when a "quality" show fails. It bothers me even more when I have invested my time in a quality show and it never quite draws me in and makes me really care about the characters. Smart and witty dialogue is always a joy to hear, but you have to care about the characters and they have to be more than a mere mouthpiece for various social and political issues which ultimately do little more than lead you to suspect that this was all an exercise in writing smart and witty dialogue.
It's all a damn shame. Somebody do something!
Belmondo
City Attorney

Postby BrettCullum » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Recently I met Harold in New Orleans, and his quote was:

"It was always good dialogue in search of a show."

Truer words never spoken. The first few episodes were very intriguing, and the pilot hit everything out of the park. But then the show went nowhere! It was a frustrating experience.

On Ken's questions: Oh the team knew how a comedy series is made, unfortunately they aren't nearly as glamorous as we'd like to think. So they had to embellish. And yes, the writing team had too much spillover from THE WEST WING days.

Really a case of great writing and no clear direction or vision of a season.
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:21 am

What Brett said. Also: generally speaking, audiences only have interest/tolerance for one show occupying a specific conceptual niche. And in this case, 30 Rock is freakin' brilliant and Studio 60 was, well, not.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Canius » Sat May 23, 2009 1:32 am

I for one was a huge fan of Studio 60.. I think the show got sidetracked with many plots that went no where..
the Pregnancy.. the "trapped in what ever state while the clock is ticking" etc..

if the show wouldve been more "Humanly realistic" and "fair and balanced" it mightve survived...

but for now Ive given up on LOCAL TV shows. they will never last...

Right now Im a sucker for LEVERAGE because itll last more than any show on TV today..

I cant think of ANY good show on LOCAL TV now.. EVEN Land Order and CSI doesnt interest me any more

>sigh<
Canius
Law Clerk

Return to Verdict Feedback