Friday the 13th re-releases

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Friday the 13th re-releases

Postby tucco » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 am

Shame Shame Shame......

Oh the first one is the uncut version? so f*n what? It's been out for years for those who cared enough to buy it on Region 2. I bought mine from amazon uk years ago.
No need for a R2 player either, just switch the region code on your computer........and it had plenty of extras as well.

As for parts 2 and 3 being the cut versions, it is unforgivable. This is the third dip for these movies....if the uncut footage no longer exists, they would have told us.

And worst of all, the friggin' box set from four years ago was supposed to be uncut, but wasn't.....and now THIS?

5 years ago extras like round table discussions and such were more of a draw than they are now.....does not compensate for the fact that Paramount insults fans by cheating fans for the second time.....The first dip I can understand not being uncut but this is just disgusting.

Look I know it's only Friday the 13th, but if you're a fan, then you've been spat upon worse than any other fan base in DVD history.

What happens next? Do we get the uncut versions when the sequel to the upcoming remake comes out in one or two years?

Like Prophet said about them damn trains in FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE:::::DISGUSTING!!!!
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Re: Friday the 13th re-releases

Postby tucco » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:50 am

Oh, by the way my above post does not reflect the reviews themselves, just Paramount's disgracefulness.....if this belongs in the other forum forgive me..
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Postby Stubblecat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:57 am

That's Paramount for you. If there's a way to half-ass it, they'll find it.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby BrettCullum » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Man, I hear ya. PARTS 2 & 3 need something special to justify the rerelease. At least they attempted to give you the 3-D for the third one, and in all fairness any extra gore or the alternate ending (which included a beheading) would have been hard to make 3-D. Including that in the film would never have worked. But dang it, why not include these things as extras just so we can see and be done with it? Or put them in the 2-D version? Part 2 really is the loser here. It seems to be most affected by the trims demanded by censors, and it has less to offer in regards to new material.

Yeah, this is the 3rd time to the well with these without much reason to buy. I think the first one is the best equipped and features the uncut gore. The other two seem to be afterthoughts; however, they did make pretty good coin at the box office when they came out. And Lord knows, there are rabid fans.

I think this just all revolved on getting PART ONE out on BluRay, and the rest be damned.

Oh yeah, and there's that remake coming soon...
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Lazario » Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 am

I've been surfing horror message boards for over 6 years now. I don't think there's anything you guys would say here that I've never heard before.

Fans have been saying for years that there is no chance of ever seeing the uncut gore for parts II, III, IV, V, and VIII.

(As for why I endeavored to reply... just to say that, I'm not sure)
"This is all Jan's fault."
Lazario
Law Clerk

Return to Verdict Feedback