Red Sands

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Red Sands

Postby Movie Mike » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Judge Clark Douglas was almost too kind with his review, my nephew and I barely made it through this thing. The "monster" barely has a screen time of 45 seconds and when it does make an appearance it's cheap ass CGI. This movie was ninety minutes of coma inducing torture. The movie has a surprise kicker ending only if the viewer has never seen a movie before in his or her life. Boring actors, lame script, and bland locations all add up to a movie not even worth mocking.

So of last couple of movies I've watched recently this and The Haunting of Molly Hartley were both just so damn boring and not worth the time spent watching them. Hell, neither of them could even pull off a single cheap scare.

It use to be that even the worst horror movie could be relied on to be at least a little fun, but now it seems as if they are venturing into the land pure unwatchableness.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Red Sands

Postby cdouglas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I certainly know what you mean about bad horror movies losing their sense of fun. Cheesy scores have been replaced by metallic swooshing noises, and over-the-top bad acting has been replaced by non-acting. I was rather bored by most of Red Sands, but I've seen some awful movies in the past year of reviewing for DVD Verdict, and that one didn't hit the bottom of the barrel.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Movie Mike » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:59 am

When it comes to the modern horror film that is one deep barrel.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Postby Scary_Movie_Fan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Don't know what you guys are talking about (other than the fact that I agree that with modern horror movies, the barrel is extremely deep). In a world of cliched and generally stupid horror films, this one is intelligent and actually pretty creepy. I saw Dead Birds and it was decent but I thought this one was a lot better. I'm guessing the budget was pretty tight, since some of the cheap special effects made me cringe, but the acting, writing, and directing more than make up for it. I wish that producers with large budgets could make something this good. I highly recommend it as a good thriller.
Scary_Movie_Fan
Law Clerk

Return to Verdict Feedback