Clone Wars: A Galaxy Divided

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Clone Wars: A Galaxy Divided

Postby Boba Fett » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:18 am

Nice review Dan. I noticed you mentioned the same thing I heard, that these four episodes were far from the best of the series. I made my way through this disc last week and was wasn't impressed with the storytelling. Should I just write the series off or give a few of the more solid episodes a look, and if so, which are the best ones?
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Re: Clone Wars: A Galaxy Divided

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 am

Thanks, man.

I haven't watched the series straight through, but the episodes I've seen were all better (read: less silly and cartoony) than what's on A Galaxy Divided. I also get the sense that the series gets better as episodes build on one another; these aren't purely stand-alone stories. I'm kinda looking forward to the complete series box. But, then again, I have kids. I doubt I'd pay much attention to the show if I didn't.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 am

Dan Mancini wrote:Thanks, man.

I haven't watched the series straight through, but the episodes I've seen were all better (read: less silly and cartoony) than what's on A Galaxy Divided. I also get the sense that the series gets better as episodes build on one another; these aren't purely stand-alone stories. I'm kinda looking forward to the complete series box. But, then again, I have kids. I doubt I'd pay much attention to the show if I didn't.

The first four shows are a good intro, but the series really swings into high gear with episode 5, "Rookies", an all-clones story. And the show also gets more complex, with stories where the good guys don't win and are even lucky to escape with their lives.

I think I'll wait for the full season set, and I'm glad Lucasfilm made it very clear that it's on the way, so buyers aren't forced into getting this one.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 am

Kenneth Morgan wrote:I think I'll wait for the full season set, and I'm glad Lucasfilm made it very clear that it's on the way, so buyers aren't forced into getting this one.

Definitely wait for the full season. When I popped the disc into my player and discovered it was non-anamorphic -- in this day and age -- I was flabbergasted. I mean, non-anamorphic? Seriously? Lucasfilm should've just called the disc Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Meh, We Don't Care.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Eric Profancik » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Just skip "Bombad Jedi" and any episode with Jar Jar. He still sucks.
Eric Profancik
Judge

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Eric Profancik wrote:Just skip "Bombad Jedi" and any episode with Jar Jar. He still sucks.

Well, if you skip "Bombad Jedi", you miss great work by Anthony Daniels as Threepio and Padme in Emma Peel mode. And if you skip "Blue Shadow Virus", you miss Michael York as a Germanic alien mad scientist.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Return to Verdict Feedback