Friday the 13th Part IV:The Final Chapter

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Friday the 13th Part IV:The Final Chapter

Postby tucco » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 am

Great review Tom....but as a fan of this franchise I just want to point out a couple discrepancies in your review.

There were indeed eight films cranked out in the 80's but they weren't released between 1980 thru 1988 as you stated.They were released from '80 thru '89.
And also 1983 wasn't the only year there was no Friday film released.
1987 also did not have a Friday film.

You did a great review though, I just thought that the above info might be useful to fans.

And without regards to your review, shame on them for STILL withholding the uncut versions of these movies .....The commentaries are nice but it's the uncut versions people have been promised since the box set came out (which was supposed to have been comprised of the uncut versions).

I will buy *certain* uncut versions when they are finally released, but at this point when will that be? That's the main rub here......with three more in this batch of dips still to be released, how much longer will we have to wait until the uncuts are FINALLY available?
Disgraceful......the only worse atrocity is SONY and their not releasing the final three seasons of All in the Family..........
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Re: Friday the 13th Part IV:The Final Chapter

Postby BrettCullum » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 am

Ah yes, I usually run in to Jason fans pissed off about those ALL IN THE FAMILY releases! Ha ha!

I am not sure why there is a holdout for these uncut editions. Strange that! But I have a sneaky suspicion these are the type of films studios just love to continuously dip at the well with. Seems to be a great crime against genre fans. I own five copies of the original HALLOWEEN, and I have no doubt one day the same will be said for FRIDAY THE 13th.
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:55 am

I'd remembered reading somewhere that the reason we don't have the uncut versions is because the North American distributor (Paramount maybe?) simply doesn't have the rights to release them, and the guys in Europe who do aren't willing to enter discussions.

That's if i recall correctly.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Tom B » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:45 pm

tucco wrote:Great review Tom....but as a fan of this franchise I just want to point out a couple discrepancies in your review.

There were indeed eight films cranked out in the 80's but they weren't released between 1980 thru 1988 as you stated.They were released from '80 thru '89.
And also 1983 wasn't the only year there was no Friday film released.
1987 also did not have a Friday film.

You did a great review though, I just thought that the above info might be useful to fans.

And without regards to your review, shame on them for STILL withholding the uncut versions of these movies .....The commentaries are nice but it's the uncut versions people have been promised since the box set came out (which was supposed to have been comprised of the uncut versions).

I will buy *certain* uncut versions when they are finally released, but at this point when will that be? That's the main rub here......with three more in this batch of dips still to be released, how much longer will we have to wait until the uncuts are FINALLY available?
Disgraceful......the only worse atrocity is SONY and their not releasing the final three seasons of All in the Family..........

Thanks for the catch! I'll put in to have that fixed. Sometimes, I need to be more careful when wading through IMDb listings.

Yeah, it would be great to actually have the uncut versions of these, particularly the second and third installments. I don't think I've seen the cut footage from those, which I understand is significant. In Final Chapter, at least, there was the supplemental footage showing what was left out, and like I said in the review, the killings really did seem awfully abrupt. To hear Zito talk, though, it seemed like the major gore was left out was by his choice rather than edited to get the R. It's all silent outtakes; I don't know if it was ever assembled into a finished cut.
Tom B
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback