Inkheart

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Inkheart

Postby Movie Mike » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:14 am

Maybe I need to see Inkheart a second time like Judge Gordon did to get more enjoyment out of it as I found it to be a watchable but overall misfired fantasy. Casting wise I loved Paul Bettany, and Andy Serkis made for a great villain, but Brendan Fraser just didn't seem to belong in this movie and going by his lack of involvement in the finale of the film neither did the writers. Also his character has to be dumber than a post if in the nine years he's been searching for the book he never thought to look for the author. His daughter comes up with that immediately upon being told of the situation. Most annoying is the fact that the "one comes out one goes in" dilemma never seemed all that dangerous or consistent (certainly not enough for Fraser to never want to help the fire juggler) we see a couple of Capricorn's henchmen get plopped into a book but even that is forgotten towards the end when the daughter is bringing loads of stuff through and we see no repercussions.

Note to writers: Do not set up your big bad shadow creature and then have it turn out to as threatening as tooth decay.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Inkheart

Postby Ptolemy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 am

Tooth decay is pretty frightening. Remember to brush and floss people!!
Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice. Number one...is dancing!
Ptolemy
City Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Making a comparison to the villain and tooth decay is pretty scary to anyone who's had a root canal.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby the5thghostbuster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Steve is a judge?! When did this happen? Congrats good sir!
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:03 pm

the5thghostbuster wrote:Steve is a judge?! When did this happen? Congrats good sir!

He is?? What the hell is our world comin' to?

And thanks!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback