Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 2 Review

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 2 Review

Postby ShiningArmor » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 am

I feel the direct opposite about the episode types as the reviewer. I thought "Overflow" and "Time Bomb" were leaps and bounds above the rest, especially Time Bomb. I think since this is the same group that worked on X-Men Evolution, they've got the team dynamics down and I find it really enjoyable to watch the larger scale fights. The main complaint I have for the whole season is that there just weren't enough of these (and that Wolverine got too much attention).

On the other side of that, I've never been a Wolverine fan and have never understood the fascination the rest of the world seems to have with him. The high praise and massive amount of attention people pay him as led to me actually despising the character quite a bit. That being said, I've read reviews from other people more inclined towards his character that still agree that "Wolverine vs. the Hulk" is the absolute worst of the entire first season. It's poorly constructed and is nothing but an ad to go get the Wolverine vs. DVD. I should also add that I find the Hulk to be incredibly boring, the Edward Norton/Liv Tyler movie notwithstanding.

Finally I was mildly amused by "Thieves Gambit", but I think Gambit's character is much better used later on in the season with "Aces & Eights". I didn't like "X-Calibre" the first time around but watched it again after seeing a glowing review from someone else and I liked it a lot more. I enjoy some of the inventive ways they're using the characters, like Nightcrawler teleporting chunks of water out of the ship with him.

I guess it's a matter of taste and there appears to be something for everyone in this set, regardless of which type of episode you like. I wish they'd change the name of the show now that X-Men Origins has come out since it was clearly a marketing ploy. I'd like a more team focused show and less on the supposed awesomeness of Wolverine.
ShiningArmor
Law Clerk

Return to Verdict Feedback