Brett's Terminator Salvation review

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Brett's Terminator Salvation review

Postby mhansen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:44 pm

My Dear Brett,
After reading your review I was tempted to re-watch this movie as I think it is one of the worst things ever captured on film, and was wondering if there was a not horrible version out there that I had somehow missed. Then I realized that I would rather give myself a lobotomy.
All my best,
Melissa
mhansen
Chief Counsel

Re: Brett's Terminator Salvation review

Postby BrettCullum » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:01 am

You have me laughing Melissa. I know you and our own Chief Justice Michael Stailey really found this film terrible. I suppose that is the beauty of film in that one person's trash is another person's treasure.

I thought this film was loud, rather simple minded, and only there for the robot action set pieces. I think on that level it was more compelling than the TRANSFORMERS sequel. But was it a "good movie"? Not in any literary sense. Yet I had fun! I thought it was just fine for a popcorn flick directed by someone silly enough to call themselves "McG".

I don't think TERMINATOR should have gone on past #2. And I hear talk that the franchise is yet again up for sale! It is doubtful McG and Bale will reunite for the other two installments they were planning. So you may not have to suffer through another chapter... at least not one like this...

I found it just fine though. Although "Fancy" liked it even better than me... check out his BluRay take on things!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:19 pm

I loved it. Go figure.

Starting to feel like the lowest common denominator around here...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Eric Profancik » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah, I really did like this movie. I'm still confused as to why people just hate it; I just don't see anything in there to really hate. Yes, Bale doesn't bring a lot to his role but that's about the only big negative. As he's not the thrust of the film and all the other parts are darn good - story, characters, acting, EFX - I thought it was a whole mess of fun. And it really rocks on Blu.
Eric Profancik
Judge

Postby Daniel Kelly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am

I rented the Blu last night and I must say I stand by my initial verdict, it's a solidly executed and mostly entertaining summer flick. Certainly better than another robot movie from this summer past......
Daniel Kelly
Law Clerk

Postby mhansen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

See, I could care less about Bale sucking. I think that the story, characters, and acting are horrible, just horrible. Therefore, not fun, but painful. Groan inducing, rather beat my head against concrete painful.
And, I didn't see Transformers 2. There was no way I was going to torture myself twice this summer. Fool me once...
mhansen
Chief Counsel

Return to Verdict Feedback