The Other Man

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

The Other Man

Postby Movie Mike » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

Both Judge Clark Douglas and Judge Roy Hrab pretty much nailed the problems with this movie in their excellent reviews, but one thing that really annoyed me was the fact that the packaging bloody lies about the films plot. On the back cover it states that Liam Neeson's character is obsessed with the disappearance of his wife. WTF? Not to get too heavy into spoilers but she never bloody disappeared. That is a bold face lie! This has got to be the most blatant and evil attempt to cash in on a previous hit of Liam's. People who liked Taken are going to rent this and when the big reveal rolls around they are going to be mighty pissed off.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: The Other Man

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 pm

First of all, thanks for the kind feedback. Second, yeah, the plot description on the back of the case is indeed a lie. It's a reflection of the sort of misdirection the film attempts to hand the viewer, but the film's attempts to throw the viewer off the trail are honest, while the statements made on the back of the case are flat-out untruths.
cdouglas
Judge

Re: The Other Man

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:04 pm

I spun the flick at work a little while back and really enjoyed it. Gotta say i did not see that end coming.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback