The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty

Postby tucco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:57 am

A fine review, and on point.
Behavior as calculated as in their J5 prime, etc, are all on display.
Proof that they NEVER let their guard down.....a lingering symptom of their actual family disposition, AND the Motown grooming system they went through......a double whammy.

Although there is a glaring mistake within the review ( an honest but interesting one).....there are five "other brothers", not four....and of those, Randy (the youngest brother, younger even than Michael ), who you mention throughout the review, who did not participate at all in the show...for personal reasons.
It is oldest brother Jackie who you left out/confused Randy with, that did participate.
So Jackie, Tito , Jermaine and Marlon are the four who appear on the show...no Randy.
I suppose that fact is "numerically funny" because their still is a "Jackson 5" of sorts if you note that five brothers survived Michael. (Randy was not added to the act until they had been famous for a few years since he was years younger than even Michael, little more than a baby when his older bros were cutting their teeth on the chitlin' circuit)

Also, there is a third sister, Rebbie.

A very good review an like I said, on point....especially how you found the show guilty of letting them think they are still stars.
Sad still, because they always will be legends in the context of the J5.....which is more like "stars in retrospect".
Jermaine has a world class voice and he would be better served recording on his own, he had solo hits like Michael in the J5 days and after he quit the group he had a solid adult career of his own. (And Jackie is the third brother out of six who actually has a solo quality voice so it's a shame for him that he didn't get a decent solo career off the ground)
I hope you'll forgive the ramblings of an old fan with memories.

A shame for Jermaine, he was the only one with a "real" solo career besides Michael and was the co-lead vocalist along with Michael in the group, definitely second most popular within the group as well and the sex-symbol of the J5 in the early years when Mike was too young for that sort of thing....popular in his own right, a solo career anyone could be proud of, but one that coincided with Michael's superstardom.
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Re: The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty

Postby BrettCullum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:49 pm

I hate to admit it... but yes, I got confused. LOL! I think it's a symptom of the fact they are all so interchangeable that I didn't even realize I was mislabeling one of them.

Please, forgive me!

And yeah... I knew about the three sisters Jackson... Janet, Latoya, and Rebbie... "CENTIPEDE" was THE JAM!!!!

The only ones I could point out in a lineup would be Jermaine or Tito. The rest just blur by me. Not because they are not talented or anything, but because I just never really bothered to learn the names and facts about them beyond their relationship to Michael.

The series was fascinating and repulsive all at once. You are so right about them being so overly groomed that they can never let their guard down. None of them do... and the mom and dad join right in with the act.

I can't imagine having to perform onstage and off! Yuck!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Re: The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty

Postby tucco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Hahahah......you are of course completely forgiven..........a lot of people are at a loss at how there could still be five living Jackson brothers now that Michael has gone....

Centipede did rock though! (of course Michael wrote it)
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Return to Verdict Feedback