Beastly

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Beastly

Postby Movie Mike » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 am

Dawn I'm not sure we saw the same film, maybe it's because I'm not the target audience but none of the updating worked for me at all. The look of "The Beast" was basically Prague-rock DJ. A couple scars, tribal tattoos, and what looks like a bad reaction to shellfish does not a monster make. With that look he may have had a hard time hooking up with his old girlfriend but he'd have goth chicks lined up around the block to go out with him. This to me takes away the threat of "Find love or this will be permanent" as Lindy/Beauty said "I've seen worse."

And how they work around the imprisoned in castle update is silly. Kyle/Beast stalks Lindy (cause that's romantic) and spots her drug addict dad shooting a drug dealer, there is a surviving drug dealer who threatens to kill Lindy as retribution. Kyle/Beast reveals himself and offers to protect Lindy by taking her to his home. The dad of course refuses because one doesn't turn over one's daughter to the first bald scary dude that offers help. So Kyle uses his cellphone to take pictures of the dad with the dead drug dealer and blackmails the dad into handing over Lindy. True love is in the wings.

The one thing I heartily agree with is that Mary-Kate Olsen did a very good job as the witch, she was by far the most interesting character in the movie, and I'd watch a sequel starring her.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Beastly

Postby JoshRode » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I thought it was kind of funny that Dawn and Clark had complete opposite reactions to the movie. Guess Dawn was the intended audience. XD
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Re: Beastly

Postby JudgeDawn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am

Hey Mike,

A movie with M-K Olsen on her own, hmm? That's a good idea!

Thanks for the feedback!

Dawn
JudgeDawn
Law Clerk

Return to Verdict Feedback