Reel Steel

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Reel Steel

Postby Movie Mike » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

David, from what I can tell the commentary on the Blu-ray is what runs when you access that "Second Screen" feature that works with your iPad or whatever second player device you are using. I just watched a few minutes of it and it doesn't look like you have to have a second screen to just enjoy the commentary. Though you do have to put up with a little counter in the corner of the screen.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Reel Steel

Postby Dave Johnson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 am

Ah, mystery solved. Thanks! By the way, what did you think of the movie? Am I demented in my embrace of REAL STEEL?
Dave Johnson
Judge

Postby Movie Mike » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I loved the hell out of this movie. I can't understand the haters I've come across in other reviews and forums. The one thing that could sink a movie like this is the annoying kid sidekick (looking at you Jake Lloyd) but Dakota Goyo totally held his own with Jackman, and though the boxing cliches were out in full force the relationship between the two of them was fresh and fun. No third act reveal where the kid finds out his dad was paid to take him, no in this movie the kid knows right from the start that his dad is a bit of an asshole. And the robots were AWESOME!
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:55 am

As soon as the opening credits kicked in with that tune from "Away we Go" I knew I was in for something a little different. I freakin' loved this flick. So no Dave, you definitely ain't alone.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby chris_mcclinch » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Gotta check it out. I thought it looked like an irredeemable turd from the previews (Hugh Jackman jumping up and to the side and throwing a punch while the robot mimics him was a reliable laugh for me every time the preview came on), but I've heard many more good things than bad.
"This movie is so bad I can't imagine even Steve T. Power liking it." --Harold Gervais

http://www.dvdspot.com/member=Chris_McClinch
chris_mcclinch
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 am

chris_mcclinch wrote:Gotta check it out. I thought it looked like an irredeemable turd from the previews (Hugh Jackman jumping up and to the side and throwing a punch while the robot mimics him was a reliable laugh for me every time the preview came on), but I've heard many more good things than bad.

It's Rocky with robots, and yeah, the shadow boxing was a little lame, but it was used well.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback