New DVD/Blu-ray Review Sections

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

New DVD/Blu-ray Review Sections

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I see that the Verdict has split its review databases between 'DVD' and 'Blu-ray' sections. Quick couple of questions: what happened to the HD-DVD reviews? Have they been jettisoned completely or have they been absorbed into either of the new sections? A handful of HD-DVD reviews covered titles that haven't received an equivalent BD review, so those at least should have been kept. Also, why is the Blu-ray section not separated alphabetically the same way the DVD section is? Pending an answer about the MIA HD-DVD reviews, I like the new breakdown of reviews (and upcoming releases) by format. :)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: New DVD/Blu-ray Review Sections

Postby Michael Stailey » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:46 am

Nothing has been jettisoned or changed. We're merely making it easier for people to find what they're searching for.

HD DVD reviews can be found by typing "HD DVD" into the search box, browsing the DVD reviews archive by title/alphabetically (which also includes Blu-ray), or obtain a more concise listing by going to DVD Reviews > by Genre > HD DVD ( http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/bygenre/hd.php ).

There isn't enough interest in a dead format to warrant a menu bar tab, but I will add a link to the HD DVD genre listings on the DVD reviews page.
Michael Stailey
Chief Justice

Return to Verdict Feedback