Why did i get married

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Why did i get married

Postby lillee » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:21 pm

The movie is a must see for all that appreciates and respects the power of love.
Any human that have had the opportunity to experience a relationship will be able to identify with every character and leave with a "real world" message. Great cast performance, it was clean (with very little profanity) - direct ( based on real life spousal issues) and a must see....Please tell Tyler to keep it coming.....There are still some decent people out here....that loves to see good work. JOB WELL DONE.
lillee
Law Clerk

Re: Why did i get married

Postby jcankerhuxley » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Okay, even though this is blatent spam, I will post something here

As part of my personal penence for attrocities that I have committed on society, I have taken upon myself to watch all of Tyler Perry's movies as they come out. Yeah I have seen them all, and when I die, I will be able to enter heaven because I have been through cinema hell.

First let's start with Tyler Perry. I have a theory and he is the bastard love child of Oprah Winfrey and Dolemite's Rudy Ray Moore. Now if Perry inherited Oprah's acting ability and Moores ability to drop mad rhymes and kick ass, then he may make some incredible films. However he didn't. What he did was inherit Moore's bad acting talents and Oprah's political and social sensibilities. This makes me want to kill all humans, baby, all of them in a beautiful fit of Manson rage.

But enough about my sexual fantasies. Let's take a look at this film

Perry stars with a bunch of other people as a four couples who take a retreat and talk about their problems, blah blah blah. Pretty much each character is a broad stereotype and the comedy is just one step above poop and farts. There are good and bad things of this film. The bad is that Jill Scott is in it and she ain't half bad as an actress, but I would rather hear her sing, and that is bad. Janet Jackson is in this film and she doesn't sing, and that's good. Actually, this film is not as vile as the Madea films, but that isn't saying much.
[B]uying DVD's is cheaper then spending my money on booze, drugs & hookers -- Harold Gervais
jcankerhuxley
City Attorney

Postby call » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:26 am

Perry is successful because he markets to a niche that was being underserved, and has virtually no competition. Studios will inevitably rush to make similar films, some of which will be successful, and some of which will not. The question is if Perry can keep his lead from being the first "in the door", so to speak.

As for his work, if he continues to be successful with his current formula, then chances are his films won't get any "better". They won't have to, since they status quo will be happy and he won't need to improve.

And I can't believe he put Jill Scott in a film and didn't give her a chance to sing. Shame!
"John Matrix does whatever the hell he wants to and if anyone has a problem with that they should go to the nearest deli and place an order for a 'Go F—-k Yourself with Provolone on Whole Wheat'. - Judge David Johnson
call
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:20 pm

I got married so i could buy a big screen out of all the phat wedding loot!

What?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Jon Mercer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:45 am

Steve T Power wrote:I got married so i could buy a big screen out of all the phat wedding loot!

What?

If only Tyler Perry would do a movie about that.
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:49 am

Jon Mercer wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:I got married so i could buy a big screen out of all the phat wedding loot!

What?

Diary of a Mad Ridley Scott-Lovin' Canuck?
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:53 am

i got married so i could wear my husband's clothes...then i figured out i liked his clothes more than i did him.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:08 am

molly1216 wrote:i got married so i could wear my husband's clothes...

What a coincidence. Steve's claims about the DLP are a smokescreen. He actually got married so he could wear his wife's panties.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:39 am

Dan Mancini wrote:

What a coincidence. Steve's claims about the DLP are a smokescreen. He actually got married so he could wear his wife's panties.
Good thing Jon turned out to be the same size.
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 pm

That's strictly a comfort issue...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Jon Mercer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:49 am

Mitchell Hattaway wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:

Don't you have a people you should be oppressing?
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 am

Jon Mercer wrote:
Mitchell Hattaway wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:

I thought you were the people we should be oppressing.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Jon Mercer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:07 am

Dan Mancini wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:
Mitchell Hattaway wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:

I thought you were the people we should be oppressing.

Are you Ted Turner?
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby gladysia » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 am

How would my husband file a claim for wages against his employer that claimed bankruptcy? I am not sure who to call or how we would file a claim for wages. My husband was laid off due to the company claiming bankruptcy. The labor board was not much help. What's steps do we need to take in North Carolina to get this taken care of?
gladysia
Law Clerk

Postby Dan Mancini » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am

gladysia wrote:How would my husband file a claim for wages against his employer that claimed bankruptcy? I am not sure who to call or how we would file a claim for wages. My husband was laid off due to the company claiming bankruptcy. The labor board was not much help. What's steps do we need to take in North Carolina to get this taken care of?

You need to talk to a lawyer (as opposed to a bunch of doofuses on a DVD website) to deal with specifics, but the general answer is that you have to file a proof of claim and get in line with all of the company's creditors.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Dimwitted » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Wow! Talk about coming out of the middle of nowhere!

Part of the Unoppressed.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Postby ananta » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 am

My husband and I are considering buying a 5th wheel to live in? We are moving back to Indiana in Oct and our home is under contract to be bought by our daughter so we are moving in with my parents until we find a place. We have been toying with the idea of buying a 5th wheel, used, at a cost of around $55,000 and also buying a used truck to pull it. We have done the research and my husband knows which type of truck we need. the money is not a problem, we can get the best, we have been looking and we have found some very nice higher end 5th wheels that we feel we could be very comfortable in. We can either park it at my parents house and whenever they leave town ( they are retired) we can stay in the house...OR we have an acre next to the house that our daughter is buying and we can put in a pad there and live on it. I am just trying to understand the realities of living this way. To us it sounds like something we would love. But what about winters? and can anyone think of other things that we should consider? I would appreciate any feedback!
ananta
Law Clerk

Postby jcankerhuxley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

ananta wrote:My husband and I are considering buying a 5th wheel to live in? We are moving back to Indiana in Oct and our home is under contract to be bought by our daughter so we are moving in with my parents until we find a place. We have been toying with the idea of buying a 5th wheel, used, at a cost of around $55,000 and also buying a used truck to pull it. We have done the research and my husband knows which type of truck we need. the money is not a problem, we can get the best, we have been looking and we have found some very nice higher end 5th wheels that we feel we could be very comfortable in. We can either park it at my parents house and whenever they leave town ( they are retired) we can stay in the house...OR we have an acre next to the house that our daughter is buying and we can put in a pad there and live on it. I am just trying to understand the realities of living this way. To us it sounds like something we would love. But what about winters? and can anyone think of other things that we should consider? I would appreciate any feedback!

Wow, this sounds like an idea for Tyler Perry's next move "Madea Buys an RV." Hell, throw some poop and fart jokes in it and he could make it into another series for TBS called "The Fifth Wheels"
[B]uying DVD's is cheaper then spending my money on booze, drugs & hookers -- Harold Gervais
jcankerhuxley
City Attorney

Postby stypee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

I will say one thing and I stand by it... WILL SOMEONE STOP GIVING TYLER PEERY MONEY TO MAKE MOVIES!
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Dave Ryan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 am

Dan Mancini wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:

What?

Diary of a Mad Ridley Scott-Lovin' Canuck?

I think it would have to be Madea Goes To Best Buy (Based On the Novel "Phat Luut" by Steve T. Power)
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback