Hooking your LCD or DVD to a headset?

If you feel the need to talk about things other than entertainment, just keep it clean

Hooking your LCD or DVD to a headset?

Postby stypee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I've got a weird and strange roommate who just threatened to beat the poop out of me for having my television set on when he goes to sleep... No, it's not on loud and second, the dude goes to sleep at an insanely early hour...

So anyway...

I've got a Sharp Aquous TV set, doesn't matter what the model number is, all I can see is it's a rare model..

I'm trying to figure out a way to create some kind of arrangement where I can attach a pair of headphones to it, normally, I just use my laptop but I want to use my blu-ray every now and again and there is the occasional show I do like to watch..

I've got more inputs than you can shake a stick out.. RCA/HDMI/COMPOSITE.. There's literally 7 inputs total.. I'm trying to rig a way to maybe plug in two RCA'S via 3.5mm adapter with a really, really long extension chord... I just can't figure out how to do it, the set has no headphone jack what-so-ever and I really want to be able to use it for my DVD players and my TV signal (it's a crappy cable that comes right out of the wall and into the set) does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm living with a nutty pot head/alcoholic that's my dad's age and even though he's easy to get along with he has this bizarre moments that just come out of nowhere...
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: Hooking your LCD or DVD to a headset?

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

If it were me I'd just contact the DEA with an anonymous tip and then after he has a record get rid of him. Then again I've been told that my view of the world is a little different than most.

However TV inputs aren't what we need to know about, does it have audio out? Preferably RCAs? If so then perhaps there is a cabe that would work. I've seen headphone to rca so I imagine there must be an rca to headphone cord.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Re: Hooking your LCD or DVD to a headset?

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Go to Radio Shack or The Shack or whatever they call themselves these days, and tell the guy you need an RCA to headphone stereo female adapter (assuming you have stereo headphones). Specify whether you have a 6.35mm or 3.5mm headphone jack (the former is the fat tuner size, the later is the mini iPod size). It will look roughly like this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/2-x-rca-female- ... 71530.html

It should only cost a few bucks. Take it home, run an RCA cable from your TV to the adapter, plug the headphones into the other end of the adapter, and you're good to go.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Return to Off Topic