WTF IS UP WITH PAY PAL?

If you feel the need to talk about things other than entertainment, just keep it clean

WTF IS UP WITH PAY PAL?

Postby stypee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 am

I'm so pissed off at Pay Pal my blood is literally boiling.

Last month I sold a CD for over 200 bucks on e-bay and was instantly able to withdraw the funds from my Pay Pal account, no trouble at all..

Last week I sold a CD for over 100 bucks on e-bay and they are making me wait to withdraw the funds from my Pay Pal account... They made me provide the tracking information of the package on the Pay Pal site (I did that) and when I called Pay Pal they said "it takes about three days after the item arrives to the buyer in order to withdraw the money from your account". They also told me that they do it with newer sellers, I've been an e-bay user since 1998, I was told it was because I "haven't used my account that much", than why last month was allowed to withdraw my funds so quickly?

I called Pay Pal twice about this issue, I was told it's "a new thing they are doing now", this after selling an item last month with no problems on e-bay. I have a perfect seller rating on my e-bay account! I am SOOO pissed... I checked the details on when I can deposit the money into my checking account, it says August 29th!!! I'm not even near my limit as to how much I can withdraw.. I am SOOO pissed!
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: WTF IS UP WITH PAY PAL?

Postby Dan Mancini » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:43 pm

stypee wrote:I'm so pissed off at Pay Pal my blood is literally boiling.

Fail.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:

Fail.

Should I be concerned if my blood is laterally boiling?
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

There is pretty extensive mention of potential withdrawal delays for a variety of reasons on the PayPal site. Seems to me it comes with the territory, and you should never assume that simply because prior transactions have gone through quickly that future transactions will be the same. I would also like to point out that in this day and age we can purchase or sell goods almost instantly to and from anywhere on earth. Getting your funds no longer requires that a horse carry a box of money from one part of the continent to another. Just saying.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby mkiker2089 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Stypee, here's why PayPal is doing that. It's to save them money. See Paypal isn't a bank so they aren't really covered by bank regulation. However after a few lawsuits and some liberal interpretation of the word "bank" they now have to protect customers a little more than they used. It used to be if someone stole your money you were out of luck. Even if Paypal reversed it they couldn't collect what wasn't in the account. Now in some cases Paypal has no choice but to reverse transactions even if it comes out of their pocket. Hence new rules about withdrawls.

The conspiracy theory is that they are forcing people to keep a balance for a few days to get interest on the money. I remember the guy who made Minecraft had his accout frozen for "review" for a few days.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby stypee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:Stypee, here's why PayPal is doing that. It's to save them money. See Paypal isn't a bank so they aren't really covered by bank regulation. However after a few lawsuits and some liberal interpretation of the word "bank" they now have to protect customers a little more than they used. It used to be if someone stole your money you were out of luck. Even if Paypal reversed it they couldn't collect what wasn't in the account. Now in some cases Paypal has no choice but to reverse transactions even if it comes out of their pocket. Hence new rules about withdrawls.

The conspiracy theory is that they are forcing people to keep a balance for a few days to get interest on the money. I remember the guy who made Minecraft had his accout frozen for "review" for a few days.

What assholes.. If its a security issue than fine, I can respect that. However, with all their insane technology and constant watchdog stuff the least they could do is shorten the time it takes to allow their customers to withdraw from their accounts. I can understand perhaps three days, but nearly two weeks? That's insane! This is one of the many reasons I do my business of amazon, the longest wait to get your money is maybe 5 days, it's usually shorter than that. They have no caps on how much you can withdraw at any given time. They only ask that you withdraw your funds within a certain time span, that's acceptable by PayPal, not cool.. I'm really becoming a serious hater of the whole e-bay corporation. Last year they incorporated some sort of tax filing system for people who do business on half.com.

Assholes.
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:

Fail.

Is it that bad spelling... what?
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 pm

stypee wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:

Fail.

Was your blood literally heated to the point that it boiled? Literally?
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:27 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:
stypee wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:

Fail.

Was your blood literally heated to the point that it boiled? Literally?

Well, in my defense it has happened... It is why I ended up having triple bypass heart surgery, it felt heated anyway... The Pay Pal thing was a sort of mild boiling..

Since when have you taken things so literally? I worry about you Dan.
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 am

stypee wrote:Since when have you taken things so literally? I worry about you Dan.

But that's exactly the point. You can't use the word "literally" unless it is a literal occurrence. It's not acceptable hyperbole. Saying that your blood boiled is already hyperbolic. The point of saying "literally" is to clarify that you are not exaggerating.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:37 am

stypee wrote:Since when have you taken things so literally? I worry about you Dan.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:

But that's exactly the point. You can't use the word "literally" unless it is a literal occurrence. It's not acceptable hyperbole. Saying that your blood boiled is already hyperbolic. The point of saying "literally" is to clarify that you are not exaggerating.

It doesn't matter because I am literally awesome!
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Isn't it allowed to use literally for comic reasons. For example "my eyes fell out when I saw it. Literally, they fell out, rolled across the floor and I had to fetch them. Dusting them off was a pain."

Not that I care about grammar anyway.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:51 am

"Don't you talk to me about grammar!"
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 am

mkiker2089 wrote:Isn't it allowed to use literally for comic reasons. For example "my eyes fell out when I saw it. Literally, they fell out, rolled across the floor and I had to fetch them. Dusting them off was a pain."

Well, yeah, but that's a different matter altogether.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby JoshRode » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:09 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:
mkiker2089 wrote:Isn't it allowed to use literally for comic reasons. For example "my eyes fell out when I saw it. Literally, they fell out, rolled across the floor and I had to fetch them. Dusting them off was a pain."

That's actually supporting the point. In this example, "literally" is used to say that your eyes actually fell out, which is correct usage of the word.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Postby Andrew Forbes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:17 am

JoshRode wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:

That's actually supporting the point. In this example, "literally" is used to say that your eyes actually fell out, which is correct usage of the word.

Duh! But in mkiker's example it was used as absurdist comedy, not emphasizing how surprised he was. It's the same meaning of the word, used in a different context for a different effect. Stypee used "my blood is literally boiling" to mean "I am literally so angry that the phrase 'my blood is boiling' applies to this situation."
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Dunnyman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Thank you, Mr. Mancini. That site had me literally pissing my pants in laughter. No, seriously, I lost all control over my bodily functions due to my laughter.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby JoshRode » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:
JoshRode wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:

Duh! But in mkiker's example it was used as absurdist comedy, not emphasizing how surprised he was. It's the same meaning of the word, used in a different context for a different effect. Stypee used "my blood is literally boiling" to mean "I am literally so angry that the phrase 'my blood is boiling' applies to this situation."

Yes. I was agreeing with you.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Postby Dave Ryan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 am

This is literally the lamest thread I've ever read.
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Dave Ryan wrote:This is literally the lamest thread I've ever read.

That post literally makes me want to punch you in the throat.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Wow - this topic is still going strong? You guys need to start watching more movies, seriously, I am quite concerned for your well beings.
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Paul Kile » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 am

stypee wrote:Wow - this topic is still going strong? You guys need to start watching more movies, seriously, I am quite concerned for your well beings.

Wait a minute...you mean I have beings living in my well? And why are you concerned about them?
Cheers,
Paul Kile
My collection: http://www.dvdspot.com/member=PaulKile
Paul Kile
City Attorney

Postby stypee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Paul Kile wrote:
stypee wrote:Wow - this topic is still going strong? You guys need to start watching more movies, seriously, I am quite concerned for your well beings.

Wait a minute...you mean I have beings living in my well? And why are you concerned about them?

Well, if you were like say, Shrley Mclaine or like say, Anne Heche when she went all nutty and claimed to be taken over by aliens. Remember that? I rather enjoyed that moment.

I do believe there are beings within you Paul - one of them is trying to contact you right now. He says he loves you and to please not to forget to pick up the milk on your way home from work tomorrow. He also says to make sure its skim and not the 1% like you got last time because if it is the wrong milk again - the other being will show up within you and you don't like that guy!
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to Off Topic