Hurricane AHHH!!

If you feel the need to talk about things other than entertainment, just keep it clean

Hurricane AHHH!!

Postby stypee » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:41 am

Of all the times, I had to move to the Outer Banks of North Carolina which is projected to have the worst Hurricane since 1938!

Well folks, I know many of the New Englanders will be getting hit with the lovely Irene... I'll be braving the storm here, we don't really have any place to go, Virginia is a parking lot out of here. Some of the tourists are complete idiots, they've made the decision to leave at the very last minute. They're required to leave immediately. The island I used to live on, Hatteras is also being evacuated, they did say the residents were supposed to leave as well but I think that has changed.. I live right on the edge of Hatteras, basically about 10 miles near the bridge to get there, Kill Devil Hills, Collington Harbour. We are supposed to get the worst, well that and the surrounding areas. I also live on the sound, it's just a few feet away from my apartment. The beach is right across the street.... AHHH!

So, to those of you suffering through the Hurricane this weekend... Good Luck!!!

I'm going to be capturing some video on this thing..

I just hope the roof doesn't fall down and my car survives... AHHH!!!
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: Hurricane AHHH!!

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

I think there were some legal issues about forcing people to leave. I live too far inland to really be affected but I know it's come up before. They seem to never "force" people to leave but they also tell you clearly that no one will come to help if you don't. I'm not sure if it's a NC thing or not also. This hurricane last I checked is moving up the coast which in a way is better than those that come inland. It's moving at least so people will be quicker to get back in and clean up. I remember a few that came as far in as mid-state.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Off Topic