What is going on with Amazon Prime?

If you feel the need to talk about things other than entertainment, just keep it clean

What is going on with Amazon Prime?

Postby stypee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Did they send out an e-mail to let prime members know of any changes? I didn't get anything or hear anything..

I've noticed my last few Amazon Prime purchases, from Amazon (not an outside seller) have not been 2 day shipping as it always is with Prime Members.

Anyone else run into this? Was there a policy change or something?
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: What is going on with Amazon Prime?

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm

I haven't had problems, and there's been no policy change.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm

I think the issue may be that they've made the actual "seller" more transparent. Many of them honor the free shipping, but at different terms. I noticed a similar issue myself and often the "cheapest" price isn't the cheapest since someone a dollar or two higher may have free shipping while the person Amazon is prostituting to me doesn't.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 am

mkiker2089 wrote:I think the issue may be that they've made the actual "seller" more transparent. Many of them honor the free shipping, but at different terms. I noticed a similar issue myself and often the "cheapest" price isn't the cheapest since someone a dollar or two higher may have free shipping while the person Amazon is prostituting to me doesn't.

Stypee said these are orders directly from Amazon, not third-party sellers. And I'm pretty sure that in order to qualify for Prime shipping, a third-party seller has to pay to have their inventory housed at an Amazon warehouse.

Also, Stypee: Your orders are shipped to your home address, right? There's no guaranteed 2-day shipping to P.O. Boxes (FYI).
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:
mkiker2089 wrote:I think the issue may be that they've made the actual "seller" more transparent. Many of them honor the free shipping, but at different terms. I noticed a similar issue myself and often the "cheapest" price isn't the cheapest since someone a dollar or two higher may have free shipping while the person Amazon is prostituting to me doesn't.

Stypee said these are orders directly from Amazon, not third-party sellers. And I'm pretty sure that in order to qualify for Prime shipping, a third-party seller has to pay to have their inventory housed at an Amazon warehouse.

Also, Stypee: Your orders are shipped to your home address, right? There's no guaranteed 2-day shipping to P.O. Boxes (FYI).

I'm glad you bought up the PO BOX.. We don't have a mail delivery person on the island but it still seems a bit shoddy. There are no direct mailing addresses here unless its for things like prostitutes and furniture delivery. Thus far, everything I have purchased under the "amazon prime" expense is shipping "standard free shipping" and once again, this is buying DIRECTLY FROM AMAZON... When I lived out here last year I had no problems with it at all. I feel as if amazon is hatin' on me.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Dave Ryan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Styp--

I know that Prime keys off your Amazon account address. If the shipment isn't made to the address that's listed as your main/billing address, it doesn't get the Prime shipment, and you can only have one address per Prime account. (I know this because I looked into possibly sharing a Prime account with my brother and sister-in-law, and that's the thing that keeps you from doing that.

Could that maybe be your issue? (Mismatched addresses....)
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Return to Off Topic