Lest we forget...

If you feel the need to talk about things other than entertainment, just keep it clean

Lest we forget...

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 am

-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Re: Lest we forget...

Postby hoytereden » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:12 pm

And today is the anniversary of the Challenger accident and coming up shortly the same for Columbia. :cry:
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 am

Last August, I was in Orlando and I took a tour of Kennedy Space Center. While I was there, I saw the memorial for all of the astronauts who've died in the line of duty. Very touching, actually.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Postby Paul Kile » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 am

Kenneth Morgan wrote:Last August, I was in Orlando and I took a tour of Kennedy Space Center. While I was there, I saw the memorial for all of the astronauts who've died in the line of duty. Very touching, actually.

+1 on the memorial, I saw it 3 years ago when my wife and I visited KSC. Another monument is the gutted substructure of Pad 34, where Apollo 1 was when the fire broke out. All that is left is a stunted concrete frame, the words "Abandon In Place" stencilled in several places. I felt even more connected with the event while standing there, on a grey rainy January day.
Cheers,
Paul Kile
My collection: http://www.dvdspot.com/member=PaulKile
Paul Kile
City Attorney

Return to Off Topic