Howard Shore confusion

Join Judge Clark Douglas as he explores the musical side of film courtesy of the world's finest composers.

Howard Shore confusion

Postby Andrew Forbes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 am

Hey Clark,

I enjoyed today's cast but, if I'm not mistaken, there is a piece from Howard Shore's Scanners tacked onto the beginning of your Dead Ringers selection. I consider Shore's score for the latter film to be the finest he's written, so I'm glad it did play after all. And I can't very well complain about getting two Shore selections for the price of one, so to speak.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Re: Howard Shore confusion

Postby cdouglas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 am

*gasp* It seems you are correct. Can't believe I loaded the wrong piece in there. At least Scanners sort fits in the category... perhaps more "mind-blowing" than "mind-bending", but close enough.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:54 pm

At least the Dead Ringers bit played after it. It was just a bit confusing at first.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby BrettCullum » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 am

Ah... what sweet poetic irony though... a confusing Cronenberg podcast!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby cdouglas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

BrettCullum wrote:Ah... what sweet poetic irony though... a confusing Cronenberg podcast!

It was really part of an elaborate plan to mess with people's minds. My carefully-planned and not-at-all-accidental strategy FTW!
cdouglas
Judge

Postby newshow » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

I am not a fan of blood, but Grey's Anatomy DVD managed to show that it is a good medical show without going all gory (think ER). The characters are all hilarious, by the way, especially Cristina (portrayed by Sandra Oh). Desperate Housewives DVD They all have different personality quirks, and when the attitudes mix together, it's like magic. Oh, and it helps that Patrick Dempsey is possibly the most attractive man on earth over 40 years old. Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD Grey's Anatomy is possible the most addicting show of all time, so I suggest that one should watch it during a holiday. Everyday, when i get home, I go straight for the computer or TV and start watching. A thousand thumbs up, absolutely worth watching. I kept saying that grey’s anatomy is a medical thing and would’t be that so interesting, but its so obviously that i was wrong. Grey’s anatomy is one of th best series I have ever watched slash seen. ever! when i 1st started greys anatomy. i saw that the guys here are so hott. AKA mcdreamy! he caught my eye. Literally during the start of grey’s anatomy it was already, interesting. every episode, there was already something to look forward to. ILOVEIT! its one of the best series EVER MADE. I have never been one to go for medical shows, and when people told me to watch Grey's Anatomy.
newshow
Law Clerk

Return to The Sounds and Sights of Cinema