TSN

Join Judge Clark Douglas as he explores the musical side of film courtesy of the world's finest composers.

TSN

Postby Dimwitted » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 pm

The Social Network's score by Finch & Reznor absolutely blows me away. One of the best scores that I've heard in quite a while and I haven't seen the movie! Just a killer track after another.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Re: TSN

Postby cdouglas » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Dimwitted wrote:The Social Network's score by Finch & Reznor absolutely blows me away. One of the best scores that I've heard in quite a while and I haven't seen the movie! Just a killer track after another.

I found it very effective within the film, but it doesn't do much for me on its own. I'm glad it's working for you, though - most of the awards voters out there certainly seem to agree with you.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm

cdouglas wrote:
Dimwitted wrote:The Social Network's score by Finch & Reznor absolutely blows me away. One of the best scores that I've heard in quite a while and I haven't seen the movie! Just a killer track after another.

I found it very effective within the film, but it doesn't do much for me on its own. I'm glad it's working for you, though - most of the awards voters out there certainly seem to agree with you.

And film music fans vehemently disagree :P

Not me, I agree with Dimwitted.
Kevin
City Attorney

Postby Attrage » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 am

It's one of those scores that just kinda quietly does it's thing. I barely even noticed any music in the film, it wasnt until I watched it a second time I actually noticed the score.

As much credit as does go to the composers, David Fincher has a really keen ear and a really focused idea of what music he wants in his films. Take Zodiac, for a prime example. There's very little music in that film, but what music is used is shatteringly effective.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Return to The Sounds and Sights of Cinema