Prometheus

Join Judge Clark Douglas as he explores the musical side of film courtesy of the world's finest composers.

Prometheus

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey Clark, Just wondering if you've heard it yet, and if so - what do ya think?

I personally really dug the central theme, and the ambiance of the rest of it. Streitenfeld is really starting to become a favorite!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: Prometheus

Postby cdouglas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm quite impressed with it; easily my favorite Streitenfeld score to date (though I do like his work on American Gangster). It definitely takes a few cues from Jerry Goldsmith's score for Alien (one of my favorite horror scores of all time), but is generally bigger and more expansive (which seems appropriate, given the nature of the film). It'll definitely be featured on Sounds & Sights sometime soon.

Really dug the movie, too, though I think I need a second viewing to really solidify my thoughts. Going to try to catch it again this weekend.
cdouglas
Judge

Re: Prometheus

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 am

cdouglas wrote:I'm quite impressed with it; easily my favorite Streitenfeld score to date (though I do like his work on American Gangster). It definitely takes a few cues from Jerry Goldsmith's score for Alien (one of my favorite horror scores of all time), but is generally bigger and more expansive (which seems appropriate, given the nature of the film). It'll definitely be featured on Sounds & Sights sometime soon.

Really dug the movie, too, though I think I need a second viewing to really solidify my thoughts. Going to try to catch it again this weekend.

I loved his Robin Hood score as well, he's got this "creepy minimalism" thing going on that I really dig (American Gangster was great for that), but he's not afraid to get huge either...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to The Sounds and Sights of Cinema