Wii U owners?

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Wii U owners?

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

I got one and my current dilema is how many controllers of what type to get. I usually play alone as I visit family more than family visits me and even then communal gaming comes in second to communal travel. If Super Mario allowed the Pro controller I'd get a spare one easy. I plan on getting rid of my current Wii and all it's white accesories. I suppose I need at least on Remote but the charging kits are usually in pairs. I don't need two since even the games that require them require one pad also.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes down. Hopefully Nintendo will make better use of the Pro and let the Wii Remote die a painless death.

I got the HD they had at gamestop. It cost 80 bucks but uses a y cable so it doesn't need a power source. I really like it. It's a bit costly for a mere 320 gigs, but it's tiny and works well. I plan on going digital with the Wii since that's worked well for my PS3 so far. Gamestop will lose out but having Super Mario as a permanent icon without keeping up with the disc is nice. Let's just hope Nintendo works out a Wii U to Wii U transfer system just for the future. Since you can re-download things on one console there has to be a way.

So anyone else still here and have a Wii U? Any must have downloads?
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Re: Wii U owners?

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 pm

I've got one coming in the next few weeks with Zombi-whatever and Monster Hunter tri. Looking forward to it.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: Wii U owners?

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Does the 10% deluxe promotion work in Canada?

I found a neat litle gem by mistake. I bought the Sonic game even though I think the flying levels are unneeded and damage the game. Anyway I can do two player with me having to watch the tablet and me niece watching the big screen. No more split screen. That's good. I still hope the patch Super Mario so you can use the Pro controller for player two rather than the dreaded Wiimote but I doubt that will happen.

I played the Monster Hunter Demo and didn't quite get into it. I'm told that it takes patience to figure it out and that the demo is so skimpy that it actually hurts a persons impression instead of selling you on it.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!