Splinter Cell - Starting Out

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Splinter Cell - Starting Out

Postby mavrach » Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

On a whim, today I picked up Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Double Agent without much research. For those of you fans, is this a series I should play straight through from the start, or can I just jump into any entry? Are there any clunkers in the series, or are they solid throughout?
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Re: Splinter Cell - Starting Out

Postby Boba Fett » Sun May 09, 2010 3:12 am

At the least, play Chaos Theory and Double Agent first. It's very hard to go back to the original game and Pandora Tomorrow has a few big snags in gameplay.

I still think Chaos Theory is the most replayable of the series. I nearly 100%ed Conviction in less than a week without really trying that hard; it's a great ride, but screams to be rented now; until the price drops.
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Re: Splinter Cell - Starting Out

Postby Steve T Power » Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 am

Ditto that. I ain't as hard on the first two, i'm replaying the first on the big black n green box these days, but Chaos Theory gives you the best taste of classic Fisher, while Double Agent is where the status quo really changes and leads directly into Conviction, which is awesome...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Blast Processing!