BLAST PROCESSING! Episode 70

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

BLAST PROCESSING! Episode 70

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:03 am

Blast Processing! Episode 70: Welcome to Earth!

In a world where your life is no longer your own…

Steve, Jon, Adam, and Erich, our Token American(patent pending) invite you to partake of our spirited discussion on the timely topic of internet privacy as it relates to Blizzards World of Warcraft and Starcraft II Internet Forums. Is it really that big of a thing that they’re making people use their real names?
But first, You must wander through the usual mire and muck of what we’ve been playing, what we’ve been buying but not playing, why Blast Processing has a restraining order against Mrs. Adam, what Erich thinks of OnLive and Alan Wake, Jon’s opinion of The Mega Man Zero Collection, and what awesome item Erich purchased last weekend! Hint: It is awesome!
We also celebrate the one and only holiday that’s all about Presidents who fly fighter planes and punching Aliens right in their stupid faces by waxing nostalgic about some of the great (and awful) games from Arcades past that have yet to appear in some form of home collection. There are also the usual offensive bits about female WoW players and Mac Gamers.

How do you feel about Blizzard’s new stance on anonymity? Did you read Jon’s Sin and Punishment review? Are you mad at Steve for his insensitive comments about women who play WoW?

Click the title on top to listen!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: BLAST PROCESSING! Episode 70

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am

Forcing people to use their real names in a forum is a pretty fascist measure - it should always be the user's choice IMHO. I mean even Facebook doesn't ask you for your real name... It is kind of weird when you think about the fact that Andrew Forbes, BenShultz, myself and a few others actually decided to let go of our aliases and use our real names in the Jury Room. On the other hand these boards don't generate the kind of heat the WOW boards and the user base is much smaller. I'd never use my real name on the imdb forums if I frequented them...
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: BLAST PROCESSING! Episode 70

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:04 pm

They have since relented on their stance... good for them.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Blast Processing!