Random Questions about Video Games

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Random Questions about Video Games

Postby Mach6 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Most of the best movie questions have been taken so I decided to go with video games.

Favorite Street Fighter character?

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600:

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days:

Favorite Sonic game for the Sega Genesis:

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history.

Best voice acting performance (male & female):

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995):

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam:

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan:

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death:

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight?

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System?

If yes, what was your favorite game?
Mach6
City Attorney

Re: Random Questions about Video Games

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Ryu, gotta go with the classics

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600:
Clash at Demonhead

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days:
Street Fighter II in its various incarnations

Favorite [b]Sonic
game for the Sega Genesis:
Sonic 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history.
GREAT game

Male: Simon Templeman as Kain (Legacy of Kain series) Female: Jennifer Hale (take your pick, she's always awesome)

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995):
Prince of Persia: The sands of time

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam:
NFL Blitz

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan:
Turbo Duo

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death:
Nintendo 64... ugh!

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?
Super Castlevania 4

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight?
Final Fight

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System?
Yes

If yes, what was your favorite game?
Phantasy Star
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Most of the best movie questions have been taken so I decided to go with video games.

Favorite Street Fighter character? Vega

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600: Brandish for the SNES

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days: Mortal Kombat II

Favorite Sonic game for the Sega Genesis: Sonic The Hedehog 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history. : I hate ''stealth'' games and therefore stay as far away from MGS as possible

Best voice acting performance (male & female): Simon Templeman as Kain

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995): Resident Evil

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam: Never played either - not into sports games

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan: Sega Dreamcast

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death: CDI

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix? Super Metroid II or any other good Game Boy game...

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight? : None. The only beat em 'ups I like are Knights of the Round and TMNT 4

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System? No
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Favorite Street Fighter character? Sakura

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600: Twisted Metal for the Playstation. People loved it but I found the lack of achieving anything tedious and downright depressing.

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days: Ms Pac Man

Favorite Sonic game for the Sega Genesis: Altered Beast, Sonic games all seem the same to me

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history. no idea

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995): Doom, it's good fun just like the game. You want art, go watch Barbara Streisand pee on something.

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam: no idea

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan: Atari 2600, the bad games spoiled it for many people but it had some great ideas. The dificulty controls as hard switches, simpler controls, and general aesthetics were lost when the NES came out. The NES was something to hide when you could, the Atari was part of your decor. It wasn't until the original PS3 came along that sexy game back to the console world.

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death: Call me a fanboy if you like, but I say the Xbox 360. If I buy a console and it dies, I get pissed. I don't blog about how sucky Microsoft is and then give them more of my money anyway.

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix? Master Blaster

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight? Double Dragon for nostalgia.

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System? sadly, no. I had access to one and it was very good. Sega had problems though. Their games were harder to find, often more expensive, and way too colorful. The system had potential though.

If yes, what was your favorite game? I have the Sonic Genesis collection on the PS3. Does that count at all?
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby mavrach » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:20 pm

E. Honda. Am I the only person who plays as him? Playing online, I get slaughtered unless I pick Honda.

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600: - There are so many cheapo clunkers out there to rank.

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days: Either FInal Fight or the Terminator 2 shooter.

Favorite Sonic game for the Sega Genesis: The first I guess, never could get into those.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history. - A great game. The only odd thing is the switch away from the character you wanted to play as. Basically you were already playing as Han Solo, but you were forced to play as Luke Skywalker intead. The gameplay and story were just about perfect, and Snake was still the main character from a supporting position.

Best voice acting performance (male & female): ?

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995): Tomb Raider.

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam: Not into sports games.

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan: Turbografx-16. At least it's gotten some love on the Wii Virtual Console. Blazing Lazers is the best space shooter I've ever played.

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death: The Virtual Boy

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix? - Ninja Gaiden in 2D

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight? Final Fight

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System? I had one.

If yes, what was your favorite game? Choplifter!
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby Mach6 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks for the quick responses.
mkiker2089 wrote:If yes, what was your favorite game? I have the Sonic Genesis collection on the PS3. Does that count at all?

Sort of. I know the Sonic Collection for the PS2 has the SMS version of Sonic The Hedgehog, does the PS3 have it too?

Favorite Street Fighter character? Sagat. I use to kill guys in the Alpha series with his 9-hit Tiger Uppercut.

Worst video game you ever played not named ET for the Atari 2600: Altered Beast for the Sega Master System had choppy graphics & the controls made the game unplayable. Pac Man for the Atari 2600 (one of the worst arcade to home translations of all time) is a close 2nd.

The arcade game you put the most quarters in back in the good old days: TMNT seemed to be in the center of every arcade in Chicago during the late 80’s & early 90’s.

Favorite Sonic game for the Sega Genesis: Sonic & Knuckles. A Sonic game that was actually tough & the bosses weren’t pushovers. There was the added bonus of playing through the game again as Knuckles.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is (1.) a great game or (2.) a disappointing mess of metaphysical BS, cut scenes that seem to go on forever & don’t get to the point, & the lamest bait-&-switch ever (Snake/Raiden) in video game history. I guess my long winded explanation for option #2 gave away my answer. Metal Gear Solid 1 was incredible & I was so disappointed with MGS2. Snake shouldn’t be an “advisor” & the whole story needed a 2nd, 3rd, & 4th rewrite.

Best voice acting performance (male & female): David Hayter (Solid Snake) & Jennifer Hale (Naomi Hunter) for MGS1. Jennifer is the goddess of voice acting for games & cartoons.

Best live-action movie based on a video game not named Mortal Kombat (1995): Resident Evil: Extinction (Milla kicking butt with telekinetic powers in a post-apocalyptic, Road Warrior type world. I have no problem with that.)

Which is the better over-the-top sports game? NFL Blitz or NBA Jam: NBA Jam

Name a system that deserved better or at least a longer lifespan: Sega Dreamcast (The Sega CD, 32X, & Saturn ruined Sega’s reputation & the Dreamcast had no chance.)

On the other hand, name a crappy system that deserved a quick but very painful death: Sega CD. I hope the people who thought of the “Make Your Own Video” series & a system that could only put 64 colors on screen could handle full motion video are no longer in the video game business.

What old-school game could use a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix? Strider (The Sega Genesis version)

Which is your favorite Old School Beat’em up Brawler series: Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, or Final Fight? Streets of Rage

Did anyone else besides me own a Sega Master System? Yes, it was the only way I could play 8-Bit games from 87-90. I was one of the last kids in North America to own an NES by the time I got it in early '90.

If yes, what was your favorite game? Double Dragon: It was one of the few games that all my NES friends were jealous of me. It had way better graphics & sound than the NES version & it had the two-player co-op play. (I admit it had a ton of flicker problems too.) Outrun deserves a mention with some of the best music for an SMS game.
Mach6
City Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!