Opening Sequences

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Opening Sequences

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 am

I know I'm a week late for this but I had to mention Super Metroid and its classic, atmospheric opening sequence. The beginning of Blood Omen : Legacy Of Kain is also pretty cool.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: Opening Sequences

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 am

Gabriel Girard wrote:I know I'm a week late for this but I had to mention Super Metroid and its classic, atmospheric opening sequence. The beginning of Blood Omen : Legacy Of Kain is also pretty cool.

Super Metroid was definitely on my mind. The way Zebes is so quiet and spooky when you first land. I still say it's the best game in the SNES library.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: Opening Sequences

Postby Attrage » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Not technically an opening sequence, but I LOVE the car ride through the streets of a Middle East city at the start of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. (the bit that ends with you tied to a post and executed). That perfectly set the tone of the game and was one of the most brutally immersive experiences of any game I have ever played. Brilliant stuff.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!