How many games can you play at once?

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

How many games can you play at once?

Postby Attrage » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I’m not talking at the same time, I mean how many different games can you have on the go at any one time. I find I can’t be playing two games on one system at the same time, I get confused with the controls, like if one shooter’s button for “throw grenade” is the same as another’s button for “reload” I get hopelessly confused and end up blowing myself up constantly (though this does make for some hilariously awkward moments when I’m in a trench trying to reload my shotgun and end up having to leap around to avoid the grenade I’ve just sent bouncing off the walls ;) .. Plus I’m a completist and I need to finish one game once I start it. I can, however, have two games going at the same time if one is on PC and the other is on console, because the controls are SO different that my poor brain copes a little better!
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Re: How many games can you play at once?

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 am

Anywhere from one to 6 or 7.

I play my games like I watch my movies - i glance over the shelves and see what i'm in the mood for at a given time.

There are times when one game will steal my consciousness for extended periods until I see end credits, these are the best of the best. In the last year it's happened with a few, Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, Medal of Honor, and most recently, Two Worlds II.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Attrage » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I was all set to pick up Red Dead Redemption having heard it's freakin awesome but then some jackass went and spoiled the ending for me. It kind of put me off forking out the 90 bucks for it. Do you think it's still worth playing even when you know how it ends??
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

90 bucks for Red Dead? It's 40 at Gamestop, or am I missing some add on packs or something.

I play several games at once because I prefer to keep my immersion level down. I also seem to prefer the smaller downloaded games lately. For example I balance Donkey Kong Country with Cave Story.

Lately I've been play "Space Shooter for 2 Bucks" and alternating a mix of older games in with it. Trust me, that game is worth much more than 2 bucks.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Attrage wrote:I was all set to pick up Red Dead Redemption having heard it's freakin awesome but then some jackass went and spoiled the ending for me. It kind of put me off forking out the 90 bucks for it. Do you think it's still worth playing even when you know how it ends??

It's not the destination, it's the journey. There are some amazing moments, colorful characters, and incredible gameplay tucked in there.
The first time I hit mexico was one of those transcendent moments. You've just said good-bye to the last of your friends, in my instance it was the middle of the night, and I set out to ride across a lonesome plain under a full moon just as "Far Away" starts playing on the soundtrack. gave me chills.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Attrage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:90 bucks for Red Dead? It's 40 at Gamestop, or am I missing some add on packs or something.

To clarify, it was 90 bucks (for PS3 and Xbox) when I was considering buying it, a while ago now. The price has undoubtedly dropped by now, but that’s the standard price for new release games at my local retailers (I’m in Australia too btw).
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby Attrage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
Attrage wrote:I was all set to pick up Red Dead Redemption having heard it's freakin awesome but then some jackass went and spoiled the ending for me. It kind of put me off forking out the 90 bucks for it. Do you think it's still worth playing even when you know how it ends??

It's not the destination, it's the journey. There are some amazing moments, colorful characters, and incredible gameplay tucked in there.
The first time I hit mexico was one of those transcendent moments. You've just said good-bye to the last of your friends, in my instance it was the middle of the night, and I set out to ride across a lonesome plain under a full moon just as "Far Away" starts playing on the soundtrack. gave me chills.

Wow. That sounds cool. Actually I haven’t heard one bad thing about the game. Eh, who am I kidding, I’ll end up buying it eventually!
Attrage
City Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!