Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:59 pm

This piece of kit goes from strength to strength granted we don't know everything about it yet but with a $250 price point, $40 games and being region free that's all I needed to hear. I will be enjoying Uncharted Golden Abyss day one! 8) I also feel the OLED tech is being understated. People have to see OLED's insane contrast ratio's, inky blacks and flawless motion in person to appreciate it. As soon as I got my Galaxy S (4" AMOLED) I knew Sony made a fantastic choice.

Image
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm impressed with the machine, and after seeing a few of the games, I'm down. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is the big decider for me, as the series is one of my faves of this generation, but Dragon's Crown and Ruin have also helped to sell me.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby JoshRode » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

First I've heard of it. Is this the next-gen PS3? And if so will it be backward-compatible (as the PS3 should have been)?
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
User avatar
JoshRode
City Attorney
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 pm

JoshRode wrote:First I've heard of it. Is this the next-gen PS3? And if so will it be backward-compatible (as the PS3 should have been)?


It is the successor to the PSP Josh. Backwards compatibility is in I assume from PSN downloads as they have ditched UMD. They have said the original PSP games will be 'enhanced' but they haven't specified as to how.
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

12 minutes of Uncharted: Golden Abyss gameplay.

http://youtu.be/jSzF2PSohBU?hd=1
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:45 am

alexwagner wrote:
JoshRode wrote:First I've heard of it. Is this the next-gen PS3? And if so will it be backward-compatible (as the PS3 should have been)?


It is the successor to the PSP Josh. Backwards compatibility is in I assume from PSN downloads as they have ditched UMD. They have said the original PSP games will be 'enhanced' but they haven't specified as to how.


Support for both Analog sticks and upscaled resolution - basically the same titles that are being given the same treatment on PS3 this year and next.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby JoshRode » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am

Steve T Power wrote:
alexwagner wrote:
JoshRode wrote:First I've heard of it. Is this the next-gen PS3? And if so will it be backward-compatible (as the PS3 should have been)?


It is the successor to the PSP Josh. Backwards compatibility is in I assume from PSN downloads as they have ditched UMD. They have said the original PSP games will be 'enhanced' but they haven't specified as to how.


Support for both Analog sticks and upscaled resolution - basically the same titles that are being given the same treatment on PS3 this year and next.


Ah, thanks to both. I haven't used a handheld gaming system since my Tyco football game where each player was represented with the following high-def figure:

|

It was great.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
User avatar
JoshRode
City Attorney
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Image

:shock:
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby LarryLockyer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

f--- you sony now i need a 249.99 portable ... so i can play Uncharted -.-
LarryLockyer
Paralegal
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:22 am

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 am

My. God! That is nice.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 am

Image
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Playstation Vita: Who's getting one?

Postby alexwagner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:32 am

The Vita launches in Japan Saturday (17th) can't wait to see the unboxing videos. Should be a tonne of gameplay footage up on youtube by the weekend from the launch titles.

Image
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am


Return to Blast Processing!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron