Syndicate re-boot

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Syndicate re-boot

Postby Attrage » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Those who were gaming in the early to mid-90's may remember a top down RPG/shooter called Syndicate, by Bullfrog games. A re-vamped take on the original (this time a first person shooter) is due out in Australia in February 2012. I was completely addicted to the original game, I must have wasted 100+ plus hours on it and enjoyed every second.
Does anyone know anymore about this remake? I can safely say I'll be getting my hands on a copy when it's released here.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Re: Syndicate re-boot

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 am

The launch trailer was just this side of amazing, and the developers are the guys behind The Darkness and The Chronicles of Riddick, which, while not quite the 'best' FPS's i've played, are probably the most damn original.

It looks like a wonderfully delicious taste of Cyberpunk at any rate, and I anxiously await it.

And yeah - I played the shit out of Syndicate and Syndicate Wars back in the day.

The launch trailer is pretty awesome

Also - Go "like" Blast Processing if yer on Facebook! :)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Attrage » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey thanks for the link I checked out a trailer on YouTube and uh...yeah...awesome :) (the use of the original game music is pretty damn cool)
I still play the original Syndicate now. It was the whole reason I got hold of DOSBox on my new PC so I could run some old DOS games on Windows 7. That and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (another 100+ hour time waster for me back in the day)
And I do "like" Blast Processing in the traditional sense of the word but I'm not on Facebook, sorry. I'm gonna sound like a paranoid tinfoil-hat-guy here but I have an objection to Facebook's privacy settings and the idea of their cookies tracking my online moves even AFTER logging out of Facebook just totally put me off. Plus I have been the victim of identity theft and that is not a pleasant experience so I try to keep my online presence to a minimum (hence not using my real name on forums like these etc). Anyway, I shall stop the conspiracy theorist rant. I have nothing against Facebook or anyone who uses it I think it's a cool thing, it's just not for me.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:11 am

Attrage wrote:Hey thanks for the link I checked out a trailer on YouTube and uh...yeah...awesome :) (the use of the original game music is pretty damn cool)
I still play the original Syndicate now. It was the whole reason I got hold of DOSBox on my new PC so I could run some old DOS games on Windows 7. That and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (another 100+ hour time waster for me back in the day)
And I do "like" Blast Processing in the traditional sense of the word but I'm not on Facebook, sorry. I'm gonna sound like a paranoid tinfoil-hat-guy here but I have an objection to Facebook's privacy settings and the idea of their cookies tracking my online moves even AFTER logging out of Facebook just totally put me off. Plus I have been the victim of identity theft and that is not a pleasant experience so I try to keep my online presence to a minimum (hence not using my real name on forums like these etc). Anyway, I shall stop the conspiracy theorist rant. I have nothing against Facebook or anyone who uses it I think it's a cool thing, it's just not for me.

No sweat - just thought i'd throw it out there. The question is not whether you're paranoid, it's whether you're paranoid ENOUGH! ;)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Attrage » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
Attrage wrote:Hey thanks for the link I checked out a trailer on YouTube and uh...yeah...awesome :) (the use of the original game music is pretty damn cool)

No sweat - just thought i'd throw it out there. The question is not whether you're paranoid, it's whether you're paranoid ENOUGH! ;)

After all, paranoia is just reality on a finer scale...
I can get you what you want. I can get you anything, you just have to talk to me, you have to trust me, 'cause I'm your priest, I'm your shrink... I am your connection to the switchboard of the soul. I'm the magic man... the Santa Claus of the subconscious. You say it, you think it, you can have it.
Attrage
City Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!