Weirdest Skyrim moments

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Weirdest Skyrim moments

Postby Attrage » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

There seems to be a few Skyrim players on here, so I thought I’d share and ask: what is your weirdest Skyrim moment to date?

Mine is a little disturbing. So I fast-travel back to Whiterun after a caving adventure to offload some of my goodies to Belethor and Arcadia for some quick cash. I’m standing in the middle of the main street (important to note I am in FIRST-person view here) and flicking through all my inventory items deciding what to sell etc, and while clicking my Apparel items on and off I didn’t realise I’d actually unwittingly stripped my character down to just a loincloth.

So anyway, I jump out of my inventory to see that annoying little girl running past me, and just for the hell of it I hit the Talk option expecting the same old thing – she stops, says something annoying, and then runs off. But this time she challenges me to a game of hide and seek. So BAM “Play hide and seek with whatever-her-name-is is added to my Misc quests list. I’m thinking oh crap not another Misc quest, so I decided to play the game with her to get it over with then and there (please note I am still in FIRST-person view while doing this), so I play the game and it gets taken off my quest list and I’m happy. But...

Then I click over to THIRD-person view and realise, to my horror, that for 10 minutes I have been a grown man wearing nothing but a loincloth chasing a little girl around the streets of Whiterun.

Um....creepy anyone??
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Re: Weirdest Skyrim moments

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 am

The Chick in the wilderness asking me to 'Wabbajack' her...
definitely...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Attrage » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Steve T Power wrote:The Chick in the wilderness asking me to 'Wabbajack' her...
definitely...

Sounds like I need to spend some more time in the wilderness...

Another smaller one for me is, due to some ill-timed lockpicking shenanigans I have a small bounty on my head in Whiterun. Every time I walk past that idiot guard that says "Wait...I know you..." I feel like punching him in the face.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm

This Skyrim game sounds kind of perverted. I like that.

One flaw in these games is that the clothing choices have little affect. Skyrim isn't the only one. At the very least the little girl shouldn't have talked to you in a loincloth. There are other games that I can't recall but vaguely remember running into the same issue.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Attrage » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:25 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:This Skyrim game sounds kind of perverted. I like that.

One flaw in these games is that the clothing choices have little affect. Skyrim isn't the only one. At the very least the little girl shouldn't have talked to you in a loincloth. There are other games that I can't recall but vaguely remember running into the same issue.

The clothing choices do have an effect. Aside from the obvious eg wearing heavy armour when facing off against a troll is smarter than wearing light robes and boots. But what I mean is, you'll get comments from a passing guard like: "Light armor huh? Leaves you quick on your feet. I like that." Also regarding my loinclothing I have accidentally stripped down a few times while playing, and one of the various Jarls' attendants was quite miffed that I was in his chamber in my undies.
Attrage
City Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!