Playing modern games on PC

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

Playing modern games on PC

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm playing Arkham City on my PC and so far it's been running pretty smoothly but I've just hit my first major bug. After I'm done with the Ra's Al Ghul fight and he threathens Talia with a knife the game gets stuck, Batman won't let go of his sword and let me throw the Batarang. I tried lowering all my graphic settings, my resolutin and playing in windowed mode but nothing won't do. I couldn't start the game on my laptop; it would get to the part at the beginning where Jack Ryder is attacked by prisoners but the prisoners would never appear, leaving Ryder to succumb to invisible enemies. Are multi-platformed games usually this buggy on PC nowadays?
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: Playing modern games on PC

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Consoles are generally the lead platforms these days, and the pc version is usually contracted out to other developers. I can only think of three or four developers who still focus on pc, with console as an afterthought.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Blast Processing!