PS Vita Sells Over 1.2m Units Worldwide

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

PS Vita Sells Over 1.2m Units Worldwide

Postby alexwagner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 am

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/163076/PS_Vita_sells_12M_units_worldwide.php

Sony's PlayStation Vita has sold over 1.2 million units worldwide, following its launch in the U.S. and Europe last week. The device surpassed this figure as of February 22, having already launched in Japan last December, thanks to "strong demand" said Sony in a statement. The company also revealed that over 2 million software units have been sold at retail and via the PlayStation Network combined.

It should be noted that these are sales of units to customers, rather than shipping numbers to retailers. Andrew House, president of Sony Computer Entertainment, said of the news, "PS Vita was designed to deliver the ultimate portable entertainment experience, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the reaction we're seeing from consumers and the pace at which PS Vita is selling."

He added that there is "clear demand" for the device, and that the company plans to sustain sales momentum by working closely with third-party developers.

alexwagner
Paralegal

Re: PS Vita Sells Over 1.2m Units Worldwide

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:08 am

Dear Sony,

If you want me to buy your portable, PLEASE stop putting unskippable 30 second ads in front of everything I watch on Gametrailers and/or Youtube... That just pisses me off and turns me from your awesome portable... and it is an awesome portable by the way.

Thank you,

Me.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby alexwagner » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:24 pm

I'll be generous and give you until the end of say...June before you fold and buy one Steve haha! :D
alexwagner
Paralegal

Postby Steve T Power » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 pm

alexwagner wrote:I'll be generous and give you until the end of say...June before you fold and buy one Steve haha! :D

That IS generous :)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby alexwagner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 am

Sony is promising information on unannounced PlayStation Vita titles during a web broadcast that it will hold on March 9. The broadcast is titled "Welcome! PlayStation Vita Game Heaven."

http://andriasang.com/con05a/vita_heaven/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
alexwagner
Paralegal

Postby alexwagner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am

I also got a chance to play Golden Abyss. The vistas in the game are incredible.

alexwagner
Paralegal

Return to Blast Processing!