DC Universe

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

DC Universe

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am

Anyone into this one? I'm new to MMO's but family members who game insist on it. I'm just not able to get into it though. I don't seem to be triggering enough missions. I find myself wandering around for almost an hour, then I may see an exclamation point that triggers a mission. I think my villain character is at a dead end on level 7 and my hero should have missions but I can't seem to find them.

then I see people on level 30 and wonder how they got there. I realize PvP gives more experience than just PvE but really, level 30?

Any tips on how to "get into" this game?
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Re: DC Universe

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am

I'm told it's a little "grindy"

So I passed...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: DC Universe

Postby mkiker2089 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 am

It can be. I've lived with it longer and see why some like it, but why others don't as well. Missions seemed to be triggered almost at random with little reason and no explanation. I'm playing with my niece and should be able to share missions and work as a team. In practice however about 1 out of 4 missions will share. If I google search enough then someone will explain that x missions has a prerequisite of x. If the game told me that then we could do it, but instead it stares blankly. Also looking for people to give you missions is very strange as well. You'll pass the same guy a dozen times but the 13th he'll have an exclamation point on his head and give you a mission, the 14th and it may be gone, possibly for good.

It's a good game with a horrible UI that damages it.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Blast Processing!