Ambush Topics - May 1st

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics - May 1st

Postby Gabriel Girard » Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Great show once again guys. I just wanted to contribute my two cents on two ambush topics

Movie I'd change the ending to - Haute Tension : Most stupid, offending twist I've ever seen. Just take it away and give us a full one-on-one fight bettween the girl and the maniac and you have a classic on your hands.

Favorite restaurants : I would never want to eat in the chinese restaurant in eXistenZ - probably the most grody food ever. The Prancing Pony in LOTR : The Fellowship Of The Rings looks like a pretty cool place to hang out though.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: Ambush Topics - May 1st

Postby BenShultz » Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:Favorite restaurants : I would never want to eat in the chinese restaurant in eXistenZ - probably the most grody food ever.

Oh dear lord. Though I wouldn't mind having the weapon Jude makes out of his meal. Except it might get pretty dang rancid.
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Postby Dave Johnson » Sat May 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:Movie I'd change the ending to - Haute Tension : Most stupid, offending twist I've ever seen. Just take it away and give us a full one-on-one fight between the girl and the maniac and you have a classic on your hands.

Could not agree with you more. Also, it is chauvinistic of me to seriously doubt that a 90 pound girl can carry around an industrial saw?
Dave Johnson
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 pm

WARNING: This post contains MAJOR SPOILERS for Haute Tension

Dave Johnson wrote:
Gabriel Girard wrote:Movie I'd change the ending to - Haute Tension : Most stupid, offending twist I've ever seen. Just take it away and give us a full one-on-one fight between the girl and the maniac and you have a classic on your hands.

Could not agree with you more. Also, it is chauvinistic of me to seriously doubt that a 90 pound girl can carry around an industrial saw?

No, I'd call it realist. Any way you slice it it's not as offensive as saying that this same girl develops a split personality and commits murders because she can't deal with the fact that she's a lesbian - which is exactly what the movie does. It's even worse if you've seen Adaptation wherein the more commerciallly minded brother thalks about a spec script in which the killer and the cop are the same person. He even mentions a chase scene where they run after each other !
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster