Ambush Topics--6/12/2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics--6/12/2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:06 am

Play along at home!

Dave: The special prizes inside of movie/TV-theme breakfast cereals.

Mac: Submarines!

Erich:
Give a comedian his or her own cheesy 90's-style sitcom.
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics--6/12/2009

Postby KDROBERTS » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Breakfast Cereal Prize- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom "A Still Beating Heart in Every Box!"

Submarines- The best one I can think of is in the Toho movies Atragon and Godzilla: Final Wars. Its a Super-Sub and can also fly in the air.

Comedian Sitcom- I would love to see a Full House style show with Lewis Black as the main character, and everytime there should be a heart warming moment he just starts yelling.
X-Box Live: Badger X1 PSN: Badger-X Wii: 3011 0355 9106 5336
KDROBERTS
Law Clerk

Re: Ambush Topics--6/12/2009

Postby Mach6 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Cereal Prizes: One out of every 24th box of 24 cereal includes the deadly screwdriver. Finally, kids will be able to stab & kill the neighborhood bully even if he or she is wearing a bullet-proof vest.

Submarines: How about the sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? My memory is very shoddy, (I haven't watched it since I was a kid), but I thought that sub could shoot lasers & also had a "mini-subplane" that could detach from it & fly into outer space!

Standup comics sitcom: A Family-Ties type show that has Bill Maher as the ultra-liberal father trying to deal with his Reagan conservative son Alex P. Keaton. Unlike Michael Gross' dad trying to understand his son at the end of every episode, Maher would condemn his son for being selfish & greedy. (How dare you try to make a profit, ALEX! MY SON IS JUST AS HORRIBLE AS THOSE BIG EVIL CORPORATIONS!)
Mach6
City Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster