Ambush Topics 6-19-2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics 6-19-2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Freshly recorded. Special guest Clark Douglas joins us for our podcast crossover event.

Play along at home!

Dave: Replace an action character of your choice with Daniel-san.

Mac: Grand displays of drunkenness

Clark: Action heroes that should have died.

Mike: Victims of onscreen torture that you just can't sympathize with.
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics 6-19-2009

Postby Carl Wonders » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 am

Replace an action character of your choice with Daniel-san.
LMAO....let's see...I'm going to go with Bill from Kill Bill for no reason other than the Crane vs. Five-Point-Palm-Exploding-Heart Technique showdown would be epic...

Grand displays of drunkenness
Scotty in the original Star Trek episode "By Any Other Name" drinking his alien counterpart under the table; finishing him off with a beverage described only as "It's green!"

honorable mention: Marion vs. Belloq in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Action heroes that should have died.
Wow...so many. As much as I love the movies, how about Jason Bourne after the car chase in Manhattan in The Bourne Ultimatum. Heck, he probably wouldn't have survived driving off the roof BEFORE the car chase!

Victims of onscreen torture that you just can't sympathize with
Going back to the original Star Trek well here: Mirror Chekov in the agony booth. Guy was even more annoying than regular Chekov, and that's saying something.
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Action heroes that should have died.

Major Dutch Schaefer - Predator - Come on man! That was an atomic blast! And he was at Ground Zero!He was freakin AIRBORNE when it went off!

He should have been spread all over that jungle.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Apparently, Steve, you didn't notice he jumped behind a log just in time.
Dave Johnson
Judge

Postby KDROBERTS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:09 am

The Predator just wanted to let him suffer for six months before he died of radiation poisoning, or whatever Busey said in Predator 2.
X-Box Live: Badger X1 PSN: Badger-X Wii: 3011 0355 9106 5336
KDROBERTS
Law Clerk

Postby Mach6 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:11 am

Karate Kid Substitution: Forget about Bill. I'll replace Agent Smith from the Matrix. The Crane vs Neo's Destiny? Can you imagine how many PPV buys that would get?

Grand Displays of Drunkenness: Jackie Chan in the Drunken Master movies. The more he drinks, the more he can whup@$$. I'll never forget the "alcohol spit fire" move.

Action Heroes/Dead: John Rambo in First Blood. When he fell at least 100ft (probably alot more than that) from a cliff onto a forest tree & all he got was some bruised ribs. I'm glad Rambo survived, but he should've been broken in half on impact. Also, Tony Almeida from 24 in Season 5. He should've stayed dead so it could spare us from Evil Tony in Season 7.

Unsympathetic Victims of Torture: Judging from the commercials, it looks like Sam Witwicky gets tortured by the Decepticons in the Transformers sequel. GREAT! I hated the 1st TF movie so much, that all those annoying characters should be electrocuted, waterboarded, & beaten within an inch of their lives!
Mach6
City Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster